Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoken Up---Hunter Cup

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Totally right Leigh. We don't want the best horses running around in the best race.

Next year Albury, Port Pirie, anywhere close to Vic border, putting on a 800m, stand. Don't have to win it, just bowl around and be eligible for Hunter Cup.
    I notice there were at least 18 other horses who's connections bothered to read the conditions Paul. Or are there a couple of owners/trainers who are above that?

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Totally right Leigh. We don't want the best horses running around in the best race.

Next year Albury, Port Pirie, anywhere close to Vic border, putting on a 800m, stand. Don't have to win it, just bowl around and be eligible for Hunter Cup.
    Paul you forgot to mention stand manners, ODS is fine

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    I notice there were at least 18 other horses who's connections bothered to read the conditions Paul. Or are there a couple of owners/trainers who are above that?
    Not disputing that Leigh. Just all seems a little absurd. Our 'showcase' with no room for the best horses?

Real Name
    bailey martin
    In Aust, Caribbean Blaster had 1 standing start in Sept 12 being the Gammalite, starting off 10m......heres the interesting part, in the same race off 30m were Melpark Major and Jaccka Clive

What handicap would ITMQ or SU have got. I'm sure at that stage these horses were not preparing for the Hunter Cup qualifying clause.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Not disputing that Leigh. Just all seems a little absurd. Our 'showcase' with no room for the best horses?
    I'm almost certain there are owners who are wetting themselves, Australias 2 best horses are not running Paul!

Junior Member Foal stevesox will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    steve soccio
    these trainers know the rules and regulations. I believe the main reason for smoken up and I'm the mighty quinn not being in the hunter cup is because they'll be off 20 or 30m and they have no chance of winning. They are no Blacks of fake!!!!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    I'm almost certain there are owners who are wetting themselves, Australias 2 best horses are not running Paul!
    Yeh ya right. The 2 best should be running but they ain't. Going to have lots of interstate visitors with the sale on the day after and just a shame I reckon. That's a really stupid rule (not even a rule!!). We've been (read my son has been) talking him (Smoken Up) up to all and sundry and had a few 'unattached' people said they'd come along for a look to see what all the fuss was about. Not going to happen now. Industry's loss.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    At this level of horse I reckon unless they have NOT run in a standing start then the qualifying race could apply, however if a horse has stepped away in a SS race and not galloped, even if it was a year ago, they should be eligible.
    Additionally i believe a maximum handicap of maybe 15m should apply to any horse from now on.
    The Hunter Cup should have the very best from Oz/NZ in it and OBVIOUSLY these two factors are restricting a great race from attracting the best.
    Would be a shame to see this great race reduce its quality over the next few years...

Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesox View Post
    these trainers know the rules and regulations. I believe the main reason for smoken up and I'm the mighty quinn not being in the hunter cup is because they'll be off 20 or 30m and they have no chance of winning. They are no Blacks of fake!!!!!
    There is 19 horses nominated for the Hunter Cup.......2 are not eligible Smoken Up and Our Better dream (no handicaps issued)
    That leaves 17 .......but 18 handicaps issued.......who does not appear in the noms but has a handicap listing on the official HRV media release ????????

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Hunter Cup field falling away with the scratchings of Sushi Sushi and Melpark Major.

+ Reply to Thread