Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Smoken Up---Hunter Cup

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Those conditions on the website must be incomplete or out of date Tony. He is eligible for NSW heat. In this case commonsense prevails.

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=19818
    I just read a HRNSW release (via facebook so no link sorry) that Sushi Sushi has been given a special exemption because it was their intention to start.

Now I'm all for Sushi starting to get the best possible field.

But for this situation to occur shows it's just another muck up for the new format they want to call the Interdom. Just give up on this idea please.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I just read a HRNSW release (via facebook so no link sorry) that Sushi Sushi has been given a special exemption because it was their intention to start.

Now I'm all for Sushi starting to get the best possible field.

But for this situation to occur shows it's just another muck up for the new format they want to call the Interdom. Just give up on this idea please.
    Common sense prevails. Great job HRNSW!!!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I'll sencond that Paul. Common sense a winner. Nice work HRNSW.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    It maybe common sense but lets hope the "special exemption" is within the letter of the rules, which I freely confess I don't know in this case. Wouldn't want it to end up in court.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    It maybe common sense but lets hope the "special exemption" is within the letter of the rules, which I freely confess I don't know in this case. Wouldn't want it to end up in court.
    No matter how many times I read the series conditions I can find nothing concerning special exemptions. A wildcard entry is available determined by NSWHRC for a place in the final but the conditions relating to the heats are quite clear and no such exemption from the heats exists.
    My previous comment is from an update from NSWHRC to HRNZ with regards to the eligibility of horses who have changed stables and states since nominations closed..specifically Sushi Sushi and those horses trained by Tim Butt now based in Victoria. the update memorandum states that these horses are...quote.
    "eligible to compete in the NZ ht and possibly the NSW qualifying heat via the Hunter Cup...unquote...

My understanding of that statement is contest the NZ qualifier or contest the Hunter Cup for a chance to get into the NSW supplementary heat. From the series conditions this heat is held open for entries from Queensland, SA and Tas where no home heats are being held. That ht will then be filled by those horses who contest the Hunter Cup....If Sushi doesn't contest the Hunter Cup he is at the mercy of those above in the order of entry. By not contesting the Hunter Cup he is effectively at the bottom of the list. s I say I can find nothing to meet any exemption from the ht conditions but feel free to point me to it. None of the links I have seen posted here point me there either.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Tony you are correct as it stands but NSWHRC usually leaves a door open for themselves to change race conditions......happens all the time. Usually this gives them the chance to have the best compete in any race. Could be Wildcard or Directors invite etc. etc.

Can't wait to see the official special exemption notice as Brendan posted. Then they will use rankings to get him in.

Lucky that Sushi raced in NZ for a period or he may not have had a standing start in Vic and then there would be a problem.

Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Tony you are correct as it stands but NSWHRC usually leaves a door open for themselves to change race conditions......happens all the time. Usually this gives them the chance to have the best compete in any race. Could be Wildcard or Directors invite etc. etc.

Can't wait to see the official special exemption notice as Brendan posted. Then they will use rankings to get him in.

Lucky that Sushi raced in NZ for a period or he may not have had a standing start in Vic and then there would be a problem.
    Said the intention of supplementary heat was to save NZ, Qld, WA horses not having to travel home if wanted to run in Hunter Cup. Not the horses or owners or trainers fault it got a cold when they wanted to run in Hunter Cup. Whats their alternative? Put the horse in Hunter Cup crook? HRNSW have applied the rule as per its intention I reckon. No dotting i's or crossing t's. Great job them.

Interview about it here:

http://www.trotstv.com.au/?id=7687

HRNSW doing their bit to make sure the ID doesn't detract from the quality of the Hunter Cup field.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Sad to hear Sushi has injury.....horses of his grade and ability try so hard each start....a shame

+ Reply to Thread