Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12yo Karloo Mick

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

12yo Karloo Mick

One out one back, Excel Stride 1/2 with Washakie leading, Mick spanks them both, Excel loses ground on Mick in the straight, terrible, any news of an excuse from that camp?
    Washakie compounds to 17m second last too...
    MR 1:55.9 27.2 28.9 last 800, not bad for 12!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    One out one back, Excel Stride 1/2 with Washakie leading, Mick spanks them both, Excel loses ground on Mick in the straight, terrible, any news of an excuse from that camp?
    Washakie compounds to 17m second last too...
    MR 1:55.9 27.2 28.9 last 800, not bad for 12!
    Cold wind outside at Melton last nite. So we wandered into Sports Bar to watch that race. Karloo Mick fixed odds update 30 seconds before start $13.70. Then crunched into $7. Normal tote $13 into $10.80 last 30 seconds.

Junior Member Weanling RFlensing will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Roger Flensing
    The speed at which Washakie NZ carried them around the field during the second quarter was 27.9 - the third highest speed in the last four months of metropolitan racing at Menangle. The third quarter he ran out in 27.2, which is the fastest third quarter of the same time period. Going back to Menangle in the 2010 Interdominion, he actually ran those second and third quarters slower than Menangle on Australia Day. In short, it's no wonder he punctured.

Also, I felt as though a Group 3 race over 2300m after one lead-in run in a FFA over the mile, starting at odds of $2.00 was a bit short for Excel Stride. He'll likely be better for the run, and realistically only lost by 6.60m - not bad considering Karloo Mick had 6 lead-in runs this season [albeit with a letup since the H M Treuer Memorial], to Excel Stride's solitary run over the mile since August.

I wouldn't suggest that it's necessary for connections to provide an excuse, per se.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    I wonder why John went so quick in 2nd qtr, he was not under any pressure. Big run Pub Blitz in the death

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    I wonder why John went so quick in 2nd qtr, he was not under any pressure. Big run Pub Blitz in the death
    The Washakie from a few months ago would of done it. The Vic Cup looks like it's knocked the stuffing out of him.

Agreed, Pub Blitz went enormous.

As for Excel Stride first up, Franco Jamar gifted him the lead,Andy got 10 weeks and Chariot King got within a metre. We should of been laying the evens : )

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    I took $16 fixed on Mick. Great weekend after backing Mah Sish at $10 on Friday night.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mac View Post
    I took $16 fixed on Mick. Great weekend after backing Mah Sish at $10 on Friday night.
    Well done Glen,what are you leaning to in the Hunter and I.D.?

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    I think Terrorway is a big chance in both but there's a lot to transpire before ID13
    Don't mind the look of Bit of a Legend in the Vic Derby either.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I reckon Terrorway in the Hunter Cup, Guaranteed in the Derby( Caesar Augustus if he had of drawn better may have been a chance ) and Old Mick might be a chance in the ID with a bit of luck with a decent draw. He is probably the best horse never to win a Group One. What a way to end your career if it happened.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mac View Post
    I think Terrorway is a big chance in both but there's a lot to transpire before ID13
    Don't mind the look of Bit of a Legend in the Vic Derby either.
    Betting on Highview Tommy in Hunter.I know he's a bandit but bobs up just when you least expect.Last run not too bad.
    26's ew value I think.
    As for the Dummo FFA,would not make a move until final field is known and we all know that it is an Irish stew at the moment.My feeling is that even if things fall perfectly for all of the fancied runners and whoever the committee picks to make up the final field it will be a fiasco.Hope I'm wrong but that is hope over experience.
    Will be there on the day but will pack disappointment with the hip flask.

+ Reply to Thread