To cut an old story short, I've chatted with a few of guys on the board here, I lived in the States for a 3 year stint up until recently but I've spent 3-4 months a year there, work / marriage / kids for pretty much the last decade. I own a place not far from Columbia University NY, 15 minutes from Yonkers. I can see Harold Park (RIP) from where I live here in Sydney.

I've never owned a horse here, however I've owned quite a few horses with a handful of mates over there, 40-50 or thereabouts, perhaps a few more, the majority out of claimers. A good mate of mine does form for one of the leading barns as well as a couple of drivers there, it's a full time gig with an assistant. The leading drivers in the East will drive in 50-60 races a week or more.

My point is, as an owner or punter, you rarely if ever leave the track not satisfied with the performance / professionalism of the driver. Sure they make the odd mistake, it's rare and they certainly hear about it when they do.

I like to have a punt, I'm not a big punter by any means and it's not that easy to get on here anyway but I see more examples here of a driver / trainer who haven't done their homework in one week than you'd see in 12 months over in the States.

I'm going to finish my rant after another pint and this device is about to die. I'll be back...