Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stewards & Driver/Trainers Professionalsim (or lackthereof)

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Oops I just called out Neil Day a few minutes ago Teecee for a woeful drive on Saturday night. My beef though is with the stewards for missing it. So apologies to Neil, yourself and the Stewards.

You're doing a wonderful job : )

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Gday Harold. Tried to find out on net but no luck. What are the drivers paid over in US? Guess varies from state to state even club to club but what are they paid? Flat fee? % of stake? Cheers.
    I'll have an answer shortly. I've a feeling it's a % of Stakes money and the "action on the side" : )

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    G'day Paul,
    in the "land of the free" I reckon ( just guessing of course) that the fees are not regulated, as regulation is not really in their DNA, hey maybe they are driving for tips?

and BOB,
    just a sobering thought mate, you can't win them all, and

a) the unforeseen regularly rears its head when your trying to make mutiple decisions instantaneously.

b) Hindsight is a wonderfull thing, but it's just that...hindsight.

pretty easy to bag people about how they do things that you don't have the skill/talent/guts/time /experience/etc etc to do.

we all have different attributes to offer, I just don't think its a fair call to bag someone for doing something less than perfect that you cannot do at all!

My Mum and Dad used to say "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"....I don't hear so many people use that old line anymore and I suspect it's because it has become more fashionable to cast aspersion on others than to be honest about yourself.

cheers,
    Dan
    Bloody hell Dan,don't you know Bob's a banker,at least that what it sounded like,and he flies here there and everywhere,he's owned lots of horses (so many he can't remember them all) and he's won a lot of money even though he doesn't bet much,he's a great reader of a race and the tactics used in running, and you take a cheap shot.Have you no respect?
    P.S.I know that if you put it to him to back his statements up he's a bit shy in the ticker department,but even bankers have weaknesses.

+ Reply to Thread