Very sad news, I hope the rest of 2011 will turn around for Frank Antonacci.

Just last month the great international trotting champion Moni Maker escaped injury when the roof on a barn she was stabled in at Lindy Farms in Connecticut collapsed during a heavy snowfall. Two Lindy Farms broodmares died in the accident.

Moni Maker, who is barren, is doing well and is scheduled to be bred to Cantab Hall this spring. Unfortunately, two of her offspring have died within the past week.

On Feb. 10, Moni Maker's only son, a yearling colt by Deweycheatumnhowe, died after battling with intestinal problems. He had underwent surgery at Tufts University's equine hospital and had stablilized before suffering complications which resulted in his death.

Then on Wednesday, Feb. 16, Moni Maker's 3-year-old Chocolatier filly Moni's No Object, who was in training with Frank Antonacci at Sunshine Meadows, died after she developed a bout of colic and could not be saved.

"She colicked and ruptured her stomach so unfortunately she had to be put down," said Antonacci.

Moni Maker is owned by the Moni Maker Stable, which includes the Antonacci family, Geoffrey Stein, David Reid, Antoinette Nigito and Harvey Gold. Moni Maker Stable owns all of Moni Maker's foals and is breeding her daughters.

"One bright spot is that her 2-year-old Cantab Hall filly, Can't Have My Moni, is training well at this point in the season," noted Stein.

Moni Maker, who is now 18 years old, has delivered seven foals, with just one colt, as follows:
Touch Of Moni 2, 1:57.1 (by Valley Victory), now the dam of the 4-year-old Madoffwiththemoney; a 2-year-old colt by Donato Hanover; and a yearling filly by Credit Winner
Live Moni (by Conway Hall); two foals, the 3-year-old Chocolatier colt Papas Moni and a yearling filly by Deweycheatumnhowe
All Our Moni 3, T1:54.4 (by Self Possessed), a yearling colt by Donato Hanover
Nothing But Moni (by Credit Winner)
Moni's No Object (by Chocolatier), now deceased
Can't Have My Moni, a 2-year-old filly by Cantab Hall
Unnamed colt by Deweycheatumnhowe (now deceased)

http://www.harnessracing.com/news/2o...springdie.html