Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stallion sterotypes

buster

Stallion sterotypes

i really hate all the pedigree crossing (3x3 etc) and crap talk, so how about a discussion on the different stamps stallions will leave on future progeny (also the negative points), feel free to add to the list or disagree with whats on there

art major - strong types, plenty of action
    bettors - small
    courage - small
    holmes hanover - no high speed
    modern art - spooky
    red river - knee tappers
    sundons - mad

nat
    Skyvalley - A legacy of speed, gate and looks

triplev123
    There was a time when I thought I had this kind of thing pinned but these days I'm not so certain. Stereotypes is right. Those 'traits' are, for mine, only generalisations at best. The mares have WAY too much of a say in the foals for me to allot any of those things solely to the influence of the sire alone. One of the nicest gaited horses I've seen was a mare by Jennas Beach Boy and they were notorious knee punchers. Some sires certainly do unevenly split their best performers, some tending notably in favour of colts, others for the fillies but the overtly poor colts or fillies sire is infact a rare thing. The last really bad sire of either sex that I can recall was Deep Adios. By and large, his fillies were hopeless. Of his top 200 performers, only 34 were fillies and he went on to do no better as a broodmare sire with only 19% winners to all foals from his mares, some 1868 of them. The strict definition of Stereotype speaks volumes - standardized and simplified conceptions of groups based on some prior assumptions.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Armbro Operative - will be a good broodmare sire

buster
    jennas beach boy - weak

nat
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    jennas beach boy - weak
    Agree Disapontment may leave mark as a B/Mare sire IMO fillys and mares go alright

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Life Sign - Disapointing

In The Pocket - Great sire left both colts and fillies.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    I have listened to many people talk about stallions offspring and what they believe the sire tends to throw. In most cases you will find that with the limited number of horses that people have had their experiences , it will not always be a good reflection of the sire.

"those real desires kick and can't pace, no bloody good at all" this guy has one filly out of a very ordinary old mare.

buster
    these are very general justdoit

nat
    To right Buster
    Its good just to shoot the breeze and talk about what people think of stallion without as you put it going into all that 3x3 line bred Hale Dale on the dam side mumbo jumbo if it was that easy I'd be at Melton tonight watching all my winners. The fact is it takes 2 to tango but some stallions just stamp their offspring with some trait near on all the time.

+ Reply to Thread