Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Aiken

Junior Member Weanling desibg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Considering both horses were from the same stable and same owner, they should be hit hard and if they had any chance of an invite to te ladyship, that should also be stripped.

triplev123
    Can't say I've watched the other two guys all that closely...but if I was a Trainer in VIC I'd have Puppet & Greg Sugars on speed dial.

Member Filly BenScadden will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    For starters, gotta say I'm incredibly biased on this one because David has trained horses for me for ages (Itsallgreektome, Diamond Blue Chip, Fifteenletters, Sapphire Lil) and we're good mates. He drives Sapphire Lil at the moment and pretty much always looks after her, which is all I can ask. You won't find her being scraped off the track too often.

Without speaking out of school, I don't think David's all that fussed about driving any more and is happy to hand over the reins when the owners request it.

I didn't see the Hectic race but it seems just too blatant to intentionally drive your horse away from the pegs to let the stablemate up the inside. It obviously didn't look good, though.

I guess I'm like most people - I'll happily defend a mate until I'm blue in the face.

I think David's a sensational trainer and one of the few who actually have an appreciation of the breeding side of things, too. Most trainers have absolutely no idea when it comes to that side of things.

Anyway, David will have to cop whatever penalty is dealt to him. That's how the game rolls.

triplev123
    Fifteenletters. If there has been a better looking Standardbred race here in Oz in recent times, I have not seen it. He was a stunner.

Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    Yeah, Triplev ... doubt I'll ever have a better-looking horse than him. I bought him as a yearling at the Melbourne APG sale and he rarely disappointed us from that day on.

He wasn't the toughest horse going around but had very good speed, a great gait and could really run when he felt like it. David managed him fantastically well and we had lots of fun before selling him to the US when the market was really strong.

Thought your stock looked terrific yesterday, by the way. A credit to you all.

Cheers,

Ben

triplev123
    Cheers Ben, we did our absolute best. Most appreciated.
    Here's hoping that the big colt is what I think he is and that he does a huge job for Mal.
    Lovely bloke.

Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    I spent a fair bit of time in your part of the complex, because both the fillies we were keen on were there, too.

Mal does a good job, especially with the babies. He'll definitely get his chance with him ... and he's happy to travel with them, too.

Good luck

triplev123
    Seems like a very patient bloke too. Always admire that, especially so in view of not being overtly supplied in that department myself.
    There were some very nice fillies that sold for 4/5ths of bugger all too which was pretty unfortunate. I thought the Jereme's Jet filly from Reaquainted was a steal at 20k. Went to a good home too, it'll get every chance. Rosario Laspina & his Dad picked it up for Graham Seymour. Her dam could just flat out scorch along but she had problems and never got to the races.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Your both right on about Mal, the only problem is he drives them himself in the races
    He had some of the Kamwood horses that i would follow.

Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    Yeah, we actually had a pretty good look at the Reacquainted filly. She just had a couple of conformation flaws that made us decide against chasing her. That's not saying she won't make it as a racehorse - we just weren't prepared to take a risk.

+ Reply to Thread