Only the one meeting @ Menangle on the weekend of March 3 ?

It's an outstanding day of racing, the finest ever but there should also be a meeting on Saturday night for the folk traveling from interstate or aboard or Glebe : )

I'll be going but if there was a meeting there on Friday or Saturday night I'd most certainly stay in a nearby hotel for a night or two. I'd also have a few more drinks, dine on course or nearby, transport to and from the hotel etc etc etc

I've just had a look at the availability of rooms on March 2, not a problem and it's only a fortnight away. From that perspective, it's a dud IMO.

My point is, I'll be driving to the track on Grand Final Sunday and that's it. I'll be grabbing a bite to eat for breakfast in a cafe near home and getting in for nicks. If there's a meeting on the Friday or Saturday, I'm putting 1K minimum into the local economy.

I started a thread many moons ago on this board about a three or four day carnival to rival those I've been to in the States (Harness) and the handful I've attended in Europe (Gallops).

Harness Racing NSW should own this weekend, screw the gallops. There's racing @ Dubbo on the Friday and a 6 race restricted card @ Bankstown on the Saturday, all worth 3K !

What a wasted opportunity.

Still a great meeting and I'm very much looking forward to it but for ID14 / 15, HRNSW need to grow a pair and dive in feet first. Build it and this mug will spend.