Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Inter Dominion

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Even with only the 3 runners it's no lay down misère the result.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Even with only the 3 runners it's no lay down misère the result.
    Box trifecta??

Senior Member Colt Hermione will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jan Reynolds
    Occupation
    Education
    Horses
    Chardanae Mullinalaghta Lad
    Sorry, I meant Purdon had a few horses originally scheduled for Interdoms but they fell by the wayside. Saw the noms this afternoon, and was surprised when Fields came out with only 3 left from original 5.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    In Sidineee...The far bettor horses are ALL in the first heat (5 under 31 to 1) with the exception of M Sish. The second heat horses are over 50 to 1. which means a much lesser rated horse will get into the final
    Last edited by trish; 02-11-2013 at 09:45 PM. Reason: added

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    The Kiwi heat is an absolute farce, there is no other way to accurately describe it, can someone show me where, in the history of the interdominion, there has been even one single heat run with so few starters....an absolute bloody shambles...be even funnier if there is a scratching or two!!! imagine a walk over to qualify for the final of one of the hardest races in the world to qualify for, well I bet that will give our game a bit of air...stench that is.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    From what I can gather from the conditions of the race, when the races were drawn, our resident form experts (Handicappers) were going to look at each heat and decide how many from each heat should be guaranteed a start.

The Handicappers might have their hands tied and there had to be 2 from NZ, otherwise, what explanation is there for 2 of the 3 to be guaranteed a start ?

HRNSW need to come out ASAP and declare that a third horse cannot come that heat. If Terror To Love can't peg the first 2 back when they're running 26 Flat, tough titties.

What they need to do if they're fair dinkum is give the 14th spot they're holding onto to 3rd in WA and be done with it.

and let's not mention the Karloo Mick shyte fight kicking off tomorrow.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    I've never dipped my toes in here. Myself and a few mates in the States raced 60-70, in and out of claimers, had a blast. Perfect for a risk averse tightwad.
    Last week it was 50 or more.this week 60-70. This keeps up we'll need a calculator.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    NZ Heat......That's it folks..!!!!

Race 8 [10:15pm] GLENFERRIE FARM INTERDOMINION HEAT 1 MOBILE PACE (Gr2) $50,000, 2200m Racebook Gear Please refer to Harness Racing New South Wales for all conditions applicable to the TAB.COM.AU 2013 Interdominion Series. PLEASE NOTE:That for the Interdominion Heat Performance Incentive Scheme levies will not be applicable and or a bonus be paid as a result of winning this race.
    1901912 5h Gold Ace 1Front S J Reid
    2211311 5h Terror To Love 2Front G T Court & P T Court
    3712771 6h Sir Lincoln 3Front R W Green
    A great advertisment for the new format.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Thanks Ron, I'm glad you're keeping score. The Chap that did the books for us believes it could of been more. It sounds like a lot but they were ready made and over quite a few years. Probably a third of them were in and out within 2-3 weeks.

and I am a risk averse tight arse by trade : )

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    With the conditions of the series such that NSWHRC want the best 10 Grand Circuit horses in the final, they have chosen to gamble that those best 10 can make it by the handicappers' grading of the heats. IMO this is so as they have graded the heats AFTER fields were declared.
    Whether you like or not and it seems clear that your bias is geographically based rather than horse ability or any other logic based, it seems quite clear that at least 2 of those ten are in the NZ heat (IMO Gold Ace and TtL)(...Sir Lincoln must be reasonably high up the rankings also IMO....)and 2 are in the WA heat ,(ITMQ and one other I am yet to determine). If their rankings of the horses are based on performance/ wins, stakes earnings along with current race form performance then I have to believe there is nothing untoward in the way they have ranked the fields and runners in the hope of seeing the 10 best to the final.
    If their end desire is to see the best 10 in the final then it is not incomprehensible to still see 2 from NZ heat even with a late scratching.
    They (NSWHRC) were after all, prepared to alter/adjust/rejig the series conditions to offer Sushi Sushi (a horse certain to be in the top ten) a free ride to the final.
    Last edited by teecee; 02-12-2013 at 01:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread