Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Inter Dominion

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    I was out @ Menangle last night, they have to be disappointed with the turn out. If I wasn't picking up a couple of mates from the airport on the Sunday morning, I wouldn't be there on final day.

They have newer seats in front of the new stand (concourse I guess) that were available to the public to sit on. The flip up variety. Good because water doesn't settle on them, saves someone coming along and removing the water. Well that's fine (it isn't) the back two or three rows were filthy. The remainder were just dirty. You're telling me someone couldn't of passed the buck to someone else there to tidy them up ? My lucky hanky was offered to an old lady who wanted somewhere to sit. My lucky hunky is dead. If that same lady needed a bathroom, I hope a step up to a port a loo isn't too much of a hassle.

& speaking of toilets, had I not been trying to find one about the fourth race, I wouldn't of known they had bookies on course. Those bookies should be demanding places on the grass next week and next.

If they get a few more on Final Day, I don't think it's going to be comfortable at all. If it's warm, I might not leave the Horse and Jockey up the road.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Bob, are you taking anything at the moment for your chronic whinging?

Banned Foal brother cool will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Walters
    He may be whinging but he is correct its a disgrace

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    Jeezzz I hope they change the format & or get someone to market the event..!!!...or I reakon the InterDom will be history.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    I have been looking forward to going down for the final for a long time now even as the stars that I had hoped to see in the flesh are falling by the wayside. But the fact that the day is supported with plenty of quality events will make the day more than worthwhile. Decided not to reserve seats for the day because I want to be out and about checking out the horses, being able to use the viewing platform in the barn will be a huge plus, and generally try different viewing points throughout the day. Knowing the downsides of Menangle is going to help me out because I will have the cook with me and she has as much appreciation for the sport as I do for the world championship of hand sewing and as we all know if she is not happy, then sure as shit I'm not going to be happy. I would rather hear the bad with the good from someone on here rather than the glowing reports from some PR machine so keep us updated Bob (and bring a new hanky) and if its not much chop I will meet you at the Horse and Jockey lol.

HRNSW has been working hard to bring this event to us. We know their facilities are nowhere near complete and most of us can appreciate that but if they don't make a real attempt at putting on a show that also caters to the fans as well as the participants it is an opportunity lost.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Brad, there will be very limited viewing areas due to the work going on. Stable complex is very good and spacious, which has been opened. Other than doing a quick hand sewing course, I suggest you may be better off from a "peaceful life" viewpoint to put your long trip back until next year when the stands and Club should be finished.

Spoil her this year and buy her a large new plasma tv.

I took my cook recently and I can tell you that I was the cook for the next 3 days.

It will be great when it's finally finished.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Geez you mob are hard to please,weren't you listening to Racing Radio the other day when Dummo told us that ice cream is not as good as what this will be.
    I know,I know probably smoking something.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    Leigh, there's not a great deal of seats out there. The brand new ones, you'd think on ID13 Heat night would be clean. Building works or not, I think that's below par.

I got there about half an hour before the first, I stumbled upon the bookies, tucked away in a dungeon just before the fourth. At Harold Park they used to give the bookies opening prices as horses were introduced for every race, they don't even do that anymore or do they ? Perhaps it washed over.

Building works or not, make the best of what you've got. If you were there on Saturday like I was, you'd know they could do better.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    I have been looking forward to going down for the final for a long time now even as the stars that I had hoped to see in the flesh are falling by the wayside. But the fact that the day is supported with plenty of quality events will make the day more than worthwhile. Decided not to reserve seats for the day because I want to be out and about checking out the horses, being able to use the viewing platform in the barn will be a huge plus, and generally try different viewing points throughout the day. Knowing the downsides of Menangle is going to help me out because I will have the cook with me and she has as much appreciation for the sport as I do for the world championship of hand sewing and as we all know if she is not happy, then sure as shit I'm not going to be happy. I would rather hear the bad with the good from someone on here rather than the glowing reports from some PR machine so keep us updated Bob (and bring a new hanky) and if its not much chop I will meet you at the Horse and Jockey lol.

HRNSW has been working hard to bring this event to us. We know their facilities are nowhere near complete and most of us can appreciate that but if they don't make a real attempt at putting on a show that also caters to the fans as well as the participants it is an opportunity lost.
    Brad, have you got tickets yet ? If you don't, drop me a line via here and I'll post you some General Admission freebies. I have a couple but I can get a couple more if needed.

Member Yearling Toni will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Prescott
    Well the draw is out! What does everyone think?

I think Mah Sish will be hard to beat from the number 1

1. Mah Sish
    2. Caribbean Blaster
    3. Jaccka Clive
    4. Chariot King
    5. Excel Stride
    6. Im Themightyquinn
    7. Terror To Love
    8. Mysta Magical Mach
    9. Lincoln Royal
    10. Keeyang Cullen
    11. Pub Blitz (second row)