Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recommendation For The Drop Back Rule

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    i don't think the drop back clause is altogether crook,i just reckon it needs a bit of a tweek here and there.
    [vvv] tweaked right out of existence and replaced by a full version of that which it currently masquerades as would be better still.

personally speaking if we were to return to conditioned racing i reckon that'd be a backwould step, we had a form of it years ago and it was a dead set shambles, if you had a half decent 3yo he would be handicapped for it for the rest of his life.
    [vvv] that was not conditoned racing. It was something else.

i know the type of conditioned racing being proposed is not a carbon copy of that which we had,
    [vvv] nothing even remotely like it.

but i don't like the thought of nominating my horse ( my horse, that i have put an enormous amount of time,energy, money etc into ) for a meeting and some half educated dimwit decides which race it's going around in, what barrier draw it's likley to get etc.
    [vvv] ???????? To my knowledge that is not on the table dan.
    this is a proposed handicapping change, not a move for owners & trainers to hand over all control over the placement of their horses to race secretary and or handicapper.

geez, if a half educated dimwit is going to make that decision about my horse then that half educated dimwit is going to be me!!
    [vvv] as it should be and should always remain.

my apologies to no-one on this one....full bore, god help us, conditioned racing is for people who don't give much of a rats arse about their horses as far as i'm concerned.
    [vvv] conditioned racing is for people who don't give much of a rats arse about their horses?????? jesus dan. That's one hell of a charge, one that makes me wonder if you really have a full appreciation of the principles and implications of conditioned racing. Is it better that we remain as it, handicap them on historical form and ultimately force them out through the top and either to export or to an early retirement?

cheers,
    dan
    vvv

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Triple,
    that response was, as quite often you are capable of, full of critizism and very short on anything much else, please table your idea of what style of "conditioned racing" you are plumping for,and we mere mortals may be able to cast an eye over it and form an opinion.
    you think "conditioned racing" comes in one form only, but, " that makes me wonder if you really have a full appreciation of the principles and implications of conditioned racing." apparently it must????......... The Jamie Varcoe version of conditioned racing that everyone in the world should by now know about!!!!

Jamie when you put forward your idea of conditioned racing I'd like to have a look at it..
    Last edited by teecee; 02-17-2013 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Refer post 15 below please

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Hey u fellas... Please try to stick it up the topic rather than each other so others can get the gist of your views on the topic.
    Nothing personal here and applies to all on all threads.....cheers

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    At this juncture, in relation to the above, perhaps ask yourself a few questions.
    Handicapping wise, is there a whole lot to be gained by re-inventing the wheel for the sake thereof?
    Or would it be better, smarter and more expedient move to take the majority if not the whole of the conditioned racing system/s as per the US/CAN and employ them here in Australia? It is no more nor less complicated than that.

Sticking with the present historical form/force them out through to the top system simply cannot be justified.
    Last edited by teecee; 02-17-2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: refer post 15 please

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Danno I liked your uneditated answer just fine! There is no simple answer. Class only racing needs a bigger horse population and they then are wasted when they reach their mark. VVV version of conditioned racing is no doubt based on the yanks last six starts and claiming which certainly reuses horses better. Conditioned racing allows trainers to recycle horses of known abilities back into races against weaker opposition, this was the art of the original successful claiming trainer a superior horse of moderate recent form back to its original capabilities and putting it against mostly weaker opposition but at times now reclimbing the ranks.
    Ultimately the only thing that will work is a combination of class and conditioned racing to better utilize a declining horse population.
    Last edited by teecee; 02-18-2013 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Please stick to the topic

+ Reply to Thread