+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ID13 - Wildcard x 2

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker

ID13 - Wildcard x 2

Karloo Mick - Scratched

Announcement made this morning that they'll be reducing the number of guaranteed from that heat from 4 to 3 and increasing the number of Wildcards from 1 to 2. I assume they discussed the possibility of increasing WA or perhaps VIC (if Smoken Up isn't SCR) ?

My point is, why would they make the announcement (decision) in the knowledge that Smoken Up was in serious doubt and undergoing a vet exam early this AM ?

WA not picking up a third guaranteed in the wash up, and I love a good conspiracy theory, is for the benefit of the major sponsor.

35 into 3.5 x 2 and longer in for one more in the final week of "Make the Final" betting = I smell a rat. I'll be out there tonight and I'll be asking the question, if they're not hiding : )

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    "I'll be out there tonight and I'll be asking the question, if they're not hiding : )"

I'm 6ft 9 and weigh 120 Kg so they won't miss me : )

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Smoken Up scratched. Still 3 go thru from Vic heat.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    The goal posts are moving as we get nearer to the start time for the heats.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I bet Smoken Up gets the first wildcard, thats why they added the second.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    I bet Smoken Up gets the first wildcard, thats why they added the second.
    Thought it would be really sad if Trigger AND Karloo Mick missed out on probably their last shot at an Inter, didn't enter my head that they could get a wildcard, would love to see Trigger grab one of those cards available, he deserves it based on his career efforts and latest form. (Obviously Mick cannot get one)
    Mick was in such good form and the 3000m final would've been great for him, what a shame.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Thought it would be really sad if Trigger AND Karloo Mick missed out on probably their last shot at an Inter, didn't enter my head that they could get a wildcard, would love to see Trigger grab one of those cards available, he deserves it based on his career efforts and latest form. (Obviously Mick cannot get one)
    Mick was in such good form and the 3000m final would've been great for him, what a shame.
    Doh!!!
    Greg Hayes just tells me Trigger not eligible for a wildcard. Bugger. 2 champs miss out at this point of their career, what a blow!

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    I don't think SU could possibly get a wildcard if he doesn't compete in a heat.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    I don't think the wildcards should be given out mandatorially, ie if the cattle aren't considered good enough then don't just put something in for the sake of it. Controversy is not necessarily a bad thing if it creates some sort of interest. If Smoken Up was fit enough (and I haven't caught up as to why he was scratched yet), throw the horse a card. Fair dinkum if a horse like him isn't in the race there will not be the same sustained pressure that we saw in the Vic Cup (easily the best race seen this season) and that is going to hurt some of the leading contenders. They have tinkered with the series all along, why not continue on in the same vein. Too late now. I hope they are learning from their mistakes for next years series.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    I don't think the wildcards should be given out mandatorially, ie if the cattle aren't considered good enough then don't just put something in for the sake of it. Controversy is not necessarily a bad thing if it creates some sort of interest. If Smoken Up was fit enough (and I haven't caught up as to why he was scratched yet), throw the horse a card. Fair dinkum if a horse like him isn't in the race there will not be the same sustained pressure that we saw in the Vic Cup (easily the best race seen this season) and that is going to hurt some of the leading contenders. They have tinkered with the series all along, why not continue on in the same vein. Too late now. I hope they are learning from their mistakes for next years series.
    Brad, you are spot on with your Vic Cup comment. I'm like you with SU missing from the final, who will make it a staying race and not just a sit and sprint.
    Why wasn't SU inspected by the Vet at the track before the race? If any trainer thinks their horse is ok to race surely that must carry some weight in the decision.
    At least at the track the public can see for themselves and besides, if scratched the punters get a refund.
    Rumour has it Lance blew up at the track to the Stewards over the scratching and got fined. Seems the stewards were worried about a certain commentator's /sponsors employee's comments on his Twitter.

+ Reply to Thread