Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guaranteed vs Majestic Mach...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

Guaranteed vs Majestic Mach...

A great Derby coming up!
    Who's gonna be top 3YO?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Not sure Ash. I think Guaranteed might be a bit off right now & that's not good timing. Last time out I didn't he looked as sharp as he has been.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Not sure Ash. I think Guaranteed might be a bit off right now & that's not good timing. Last time out I didn't he looked as sharp as he has been.
    Quite true.
    To b honest haven't taken a lot of notice of the Qld fella apart from obvious media reports and Kevin saying he is the Messiah.
    Just had a peek at both their total race starts
    MM 11 starts, 9 over 1mile only 2 over 2100m, the Derby is 2400. Fastest MR over 2100, 1:59.6 as a 2yo in May last year.
    G 14 starts, 2 over 1mile but 12 over 2200m. Fastest MR over 2200, 1:56.2 winning Vic Derby Heat.
    So, has MM been challenged yet and been put under pressure by any decent opposition over 2100 or more? I mean pressure like whips cracking flat chat from the 600, everything laid on the line.
    Guaranteed certainly I think will b race tough, but again, tough race tough. However based on last week is he a little flat now?
    Either way will be an intriguing final, can't wait.
    Hopefully it's a great match race and these guys have a great rivalry like what is brewing with the Smolda vs RESTREPO scenario.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    A couple of great battles shaping up for sure Ash, Majestic Mach V Guaranteed and Smolda V Restrepo. Racehorse wise, impossible to pick sides. Great for the fans.

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    Say what you want about the format of ID13; but the day of racing coming up on March 3 is absolutely outstanding.
    Cannot wait.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    My fairly recently developed dislike about the new ID format is that the Heats are conducted in seperate places (WA, VIC, NSW & NZ.) Initially I thought it would be Ok but having since seen it in operation I think it takes away significantly from the build up.
    It would be a much better show all over if they were to have ALL the nominated horses together in the one place and then conduct ALL of the Heats AND the Final @ Menangle.
    Surely for three or four 50k Heats followed by a 750k Final those from outside of NSW & of Oz would show up? Is there an underlying fear here that maybe they wouldn't?

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs up Welcome back Guaranteed

Courage late in the stretch & a 1:57 & a piece MR in the slop for the journey, he didn't look entirely comfortable in the conditions but his Class prevailed. Congrats to connections, sharp drive from Puppet. Good result.

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Guaranteed too good too tough. He worked 3wide first 900m or so into death, fastest mile rate and even 28,28 last quarters.
    Majestic Mach, eased straight to death after 200m relaxed, won race time 3 seconds slower than Guaranteed, slower mile rate and last 2 qtrs, 28.2, 28.7 flat out didn't seem to b anything left to me. In that race Bit of a Legend was last at 800, 5-6 lengths from MM, then 3 wide from 750 around top bend to sit on MM's back at 400, only went down by half length!!! Top run
    Guaranteed clear favorite to me Bit of a Legend second Fav then MM and Caesar and Macha to fight out top 4.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Everyone loves a good Qldr and as my moniker suggests Majestic Mach gets my verdict. Good solid blowout sitting in the death just dying for the ribbons to be released. Conditions by R9 were abysmal...thought he was in total control. Guaranteeds propensity to skip dance and wander about under pressure is a concern.

Bakers dozen is on the menu next weekend at Menangle and should be at a very 'palatable' price.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    That's interesting Brad. I thought he looked a bit scratchy gaited too but put it down to the soggy going.
    Last edited by Triple V; 02-26-2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Going nuts, lost the plot.

+ Reply to Thread