Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guaranteed vs Majestic Mach...

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Guaranteed too good too tough. He worked 3wide first 900m or so into death, fastest mile rate and even 28,28 last quarters..
    Best run of the night.Could have been flattered by being first use of track but tough,tough win.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    That's interesting Brad. I thought he looked a bit scratchy gaited too but put it down to the soggy going.
    Not sure what you saw Jaimie so watched the replay and not convinced about the 'scratchy gait'. Sat parked in the elements, travelled sweetly on a piece of cotton not fighting for rein but itching to go, finally allowed rein, lengthened beautifully on turning before having a bit of a look around for about 2 strides before Grant reminded him why he was there. Bang...immediate response was straighten up, head down bum up and dominate. Balanced. I think it was a calculated drive to answer some questions of the horse with good results.

Guaranteed is going to have to do everything right to beat him...cannot wait for the matchup. Not forgetting there are some pretty smart horses that can take advantage of any slip ups by the stars. Its MM and Dixon for me all the way.

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Not sure what you saw Jaimie so watched the replay and not convinced about the 'scratchy gait'. Sat parked in the elements, travelled sweetly on a piece of cotton not fighting for rein but itching to go, finally allowed rein, lengthened beautifully on turning before having a bit of a look around for about 2 strides before Grant reminded him why he was there. Bang...immediate response was straighten up, head down bum up and dominate. Balanced. I think it was a calculated drive to answer some questions of the horse with good results.

Guaranteed is going to have to do everything right to beat him...cannot wait for the matchup. Not forgetting there are some pretty smart horses that can take advantage of any slip ups by the stars. Its MM and Dixon for me all the way.

I'm with you Brad. MM clear top pick for me. Stating the obvious here but positions in running will determine this. If Guaranteed ends up leaders back he may struggle to pick them up. Expecting MM to go back and come 3 deep at some point. BOAL is the key runner, has the gate speed to lead if he wants it but may let Caesar go and position for the 1 x 1.

Going to be a terrific race.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    I think Dunn (BOAL) waits for Guaranteed v Caesar Augustus to play out. Not a great deal to gain getting involved there and if Caesar crosses I don't see Petroff giving the lead away. Alford will have to commit first over, BOAL leaders back either scenario. Very dangerous from there.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post

[VVV] I was talking about Guaranteed. On that score, watch him pacing from just into the home stretch & then onwards down to the wire. He shuffles and gets a touch scratchy two or three times.
    Last edited by Triple V; 02-26-2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Need more coffee

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    [VVV] I was talking about Guaranteed. On that score, watch him pacing from just into the home stretch & then onwards down to the wire. He shuffles and gets a touch scratchy two or three times.
    Yeah Triple now we are on the same page. Moccona does it for me or stiff bourbon. I only hope Guaranteed stays in his gear and they all get a fair crack...its a travesty in these races when the cream of the crop are denied some Black Type through sheer bad luck. Look at that horse that had to retire with broken gear in a heat...a killer for connections.

Junior Member Foal michael_91 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    I think BIT OF A LEGEND crosses and than does the kiwi thing and lets CAESAR AUGUSTUS go to the front, GUARANTEED gets off the fence and ends up in the death and MAJESTIC MACH goes back and ends up first horse 3 wide. If they let CAESAR AUGUSTUS get away with too much he may well pinch it, however I think Majestic Mach will take massive improvement out of last weeks hit out, remember it was his first time he has been tested in a long time, only been beating moderate opposition, no doubt he has the ability and with that run nder his belt will improve no-end I beleive. Plan of attack may be to make a quick move down the back to get GUARENTEED running early because we know what happens when the pressure goes on him a fair way out at this stage. I think it will be a great race but my tick goes to MAJESTIC MACH.

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    I have a feeling that the one ready to strike is Bit of a Legend. Very unlucky in the Vic derby and his run in the heat was very strong after being driven quietly and letting Majestic Mach do as he pleased. From gate 2 that won't happen this week. I can see Majestic and Guaranteed applying the torch to each other down the back straight while BOAL waits behind and smokes his pipe. Another great race to look forward to

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Yes Jamie he doesnt look to go fluently perhaps because he was under pressure. Can't split Bit Of A Legend and Caesar Augustus for mine .
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    After that little blip on the radar when getting bloused by Lennytheshark in the NSW Derby it was great to see Majestic Mach back on top and doing it in style at the Gold Coast last Friday night. Three wide early before rolling to the front before clearing out. Get ready for the commencement of a new picket fence beside his name as he apparently is staying at home and will be racing inferior animals for a while before he ventures south again. And when he does get back and if he ever races Lennytheshark again I will get the tape out and measure the margin between the two horses...has anyone got a tape that long they could lend me?

+ Reply to Thread