Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Who is the real trainer?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    As I understand it each and all of these persons is licenced to operate a training establishment according to the rules each and every licenceholder operates under in each of the states and Australia wide. The day to day running of these establishments is the business of those under whose name and identity they are identified. They are the one who take the responsibility for when things go right and go wrong. As posted earlier the policy in NSW has been amended for horses trained by disqualified licenceholders. Again and for the last of many reminders by a number of posters, NO licenceholders in the ....... family are disqualified.
    Those who cant understand a very simple concept as this will often struggle with their imagination and what is or is not a joke.
    Those who have a problem with how trainers run their programs should front up at the front gate and ask the questions directly rather than continue to malign by stealth or insinuation here. That is clearly NOT a joke.
    Last edited by teecee; 02-24-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Member Gelding Lenem will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lenny Bagle
    No doubt everyone is operating within the rules,my criticism is aimed at the regulators who allow this farce to continue.
    There is absolutely no insinuation of wrongdoing it is merely a problem of transparency.Justice must also be SEEN to be done...

Brumby
    I have come to the decision to remove myself from this forum. Seems as criticism and opinions over comments I have made have overflowed to other areas. I can take a personal attack on this forum and will defend any comments I have made on here, but won't tolerate criticism or verbal attacks to members of my immediate family publicly or on other forms of social networking. I have never meant to discredit any person or persons on this forum both in the user context and participants involved in this industry. If I have, please accept this as my personal apology. In the meantime, many winners and good luck to all.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Lenem couldn't agree more

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    It has got nothing to do with anyone other than the owners who is training their horse or who is down as the trainer. In a big stable do you really think the named trainer is actually doing all the work on any said horse.
    We had a horse race who won 11 races and the only time the trainer drove it doing fast work was when he drove it in a race.So who was the trainer ? I didn't care who was doing the hard work we got the result's.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    It has got nothing to do with anyone other than the owners who is training their horse or who is down as the trainer. In a big stable do you really think the named trainer is actually doing all the work on any said horse.
    We had a horse race who won 11 races and the only time the trainer drove it doing fast work was when he drove it in a race.So who was the trainer ? I didn't care who was doing the hard work we got the result's.
    The trainer of any large stable is there to be mainly a supervisor, he has stable hands to follow his training instructions. He may drive the horse in fast work to sort out any problems or to know when the horse is ready to win.Of course his role changes if he is a trainer only, but the basic principle of him being a supervisor remains the same.

Junior Member Foal mishka0972 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    tracy jones
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    A lot of people sure have doubts i definetily do but like most people give them benefit of doubt.

I have been told Peter Tonkin Emma Stewarts partner and Claytons father is a qualified chemist not sure if true or not
    Definately NOT TRUE!

Junior Member Foal mishka0972 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    tracy jones
    Quote Originally Posted by little fish View Post
    Luke McCarthy or Belinda?

Clayton Tonkin or Emma Stewart?

I did a google search of Clayton Tonkin just to find out a bit more info, and was surprised to find the 2nd top result was about him getting 12 months for juicing his horses.

I know Mark Purdon has his own history with blue magic. Luke has had his own issues over the past year or so. Smoken Up lost an inter!!!

What does the poor owner do coming into the industry who wants transparency and integrity it sure seems a difficult task to find a successful stable where everything is legit and above board.

Or am I just being a cynic here?

Some of these stables sure do get a LOT of young horses to go VERY fast.

Nobody seems to talk about this much - all I really hear about is how great they can train.

If everyone is above board and gifted then can I ask why all the murkiness and history??

Does anyone else share my cynicism?
    Clayton and Emma & Luke and Belinda train as a team- there is no "murkiness" to it. They all dedicate their lives to the horses and are skilled trainers thats why they have results. Before you insinuate maybe you should spend a few days at some of these stables and then you would see how tirelessly these trainers work. There is a reason "all I really hear about is how great they can train", and that is because they work from daylight to dusk 7 days a week to get great results!!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mishka0972 View Post
    Clayton and Emma & Luke and Belinda train as a team- there is no "murkiness" to it. They all dedicate their lives to the horses and are skilled trainers thats why they have results. Before you insinuate maybe you should spend a few days at some of these stables and then you would see how tirelessly these trainers work. There is a reason "all I really hear about is how great they can train", and that is because they work from daylight to dusk 7 days a week to get great results!!
    If Clayton and Emma and Luke & Belinda train as a team why aren't both names in the racebook? Murkiness continues...

Anyway my reason for posters..."Who is the real owner?"

Up until Bernie Kelly's first misdeamour (Greg Kelly) all his horses were in his or his and wifes name. Now they all appear in wifes name. No prizes for guessing why.
    Bernie is now DQed again (this time horses in Dianne name and were allowed to be transferred to other trainers).
    Surely under these circumstances Dianne Kelly should not be given an award for NSW Owners Association owner of the month. But no, the rewards are continual. (Another example of rewards far outweighing risks for those looking to bend rules in harness racing)
    The HRNSW released article http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=20479 even makes mention of the 'Kelly family'. May as well have said Bernie instead of Kelly family. Maybe it applies to all Kelly's that they can do bad deeds yet get congratulated, eg Ned Kelly!!

My point is an owner so closely linked with shouldn't be being rewarded like this. She is in running for a prize for trip for two to Vegas. Wonder who she will take if she wins?
    "Hey Bernie, positive swab, take a small holiday...oh we'll even give you tickets to Vegas!"

Thoughts?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mishka0972 View Post
    YES A TEAM, Choosing one person out of the team to be listed trainer is a personal choice, It doesn't impede on the horses performance does it? Didn't realise (in Vic) you could list 2 trainers for 1 horse!! People who have no idea how a stable runs and what hard work these trainers do are usually the ones that want to sit on the fence, criticise and pass judgement. You obviously don't know these trainers at all and are not qualified to make judgement on them. They work hard and deserve a lot of credit for the skill and time they dedicate to the industry.
    Lets make up fictional names to not offend anyone. Peter and Marie. Peter and Marie train as a 'team'. Peter is official trainer with authorities. Peter gets DQed. Horses transfered to Marie. See a problem?

Closed Thread