Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by mishka0972 View Post
    YES A TEAM, Choosing one person out of the team to be listed trainer is a personal choice, It doesn't impede on the horses performance does it? Didn't realise (in Vic) you could list 2 trainers for 1 horse!! People who have no idea how a stable runs and what hard work these trainers do are usually the ones that want to sit on the fence, criticise and pass judgement. You obviously don't know these trainers at all and are not qualified to make judgement on them. They work hard and deserve a lot of credit for the skill and time they dedicate to the industry.
    This reminds me of an old Everly Brothers song..............dream,dream, dream, just my opinion Tracey but in the real world there is one person who makes the critical decisions, not a bunch of people, and there is one person who is calling the shots on a bunch of day to day issues as well as the longer term strategies.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    The 'selective outrage' in this thread amuses me no end.
    For many years now there've been numerous examples of the wives/partners/girlfriends/daughters etc. of various horsemen being listed as Trainer. I wonder, did it ever occur to anyone in the anti brigade that a great many horsemen decide to hand over training duties specifically so as to allow acceptance of drives for horses trained outside of their own/family stables ? Nah, of course not. Then there would be no angle with which to infer some level of nefarious intent.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by little fish View Post
    Someone could just as easily say you race horses successfully with Luke so you will back him up blindly to the hilt.

I certainly have nothing against the McCarthy stable and I think pidgeonholing this as an anti-McCarthy crusade is completely missing the point.

This is about all of them that strike a bit of trouble and conveniently transfer everything over to the missus, or the stable foreman, or the old man, or whoever else they trust but who isn't really the head trainer. I think it smells fishy in every case where it happens because I think it is more or less a sneaky loophole type way of circumventing the penalties.

I think Barry hit the nail on the head with this, way back on post #19 on this thread, for me there is nothing "selective" about this issue and I believe HRNSW did not change it's policy on this matter to selectively make it more difficult for anyone in particular.

The issue of horses being "transfered" to another trainer has been going on since the "Colgate Kid" and his siblings made an art form of it many years ago..."taking turns" at who held the licence, and participants, they being the other licenced people get sick to death of cheats not being actually put on the sidelines for a while.
    Last edited by Danno; 04-16-2013 at 11:47 AM. Reason: spelling

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    The start of this thread questioned the integrity of these trainers, even followed by untrue comments that one had a father who was a chemist. Which is wrong considering the skill these people have- thus the success. Belinda or Emma aren't just wives or partners who take the trainer title for "murky" reasons they are active trainers and work hard in the family businesses they share with there husbands/ fiancée Luke and Clayton. Both these couples run a business and just choose one or the other to be the listed trainer. In Victoria you can not list 2 trainers.
    Please if you are going to quote what i say at least be accurate i didnt say Peter Tonkin was a chemist i said i was told he was but didnt know if it was true or not a lot different to saying he was as you have stated.

Junior Member Foal mishka0972 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    tracy jones
    Well what was the purpose of you putting out it there if you were unsure of it truth.

Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Please if you are going to quote what i say at least be accurate i didnt say Peter Tonkin was a chemist i said i was told he was but didnt know if it was true or not a lot different to saying he was as you have stated.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Well what was the purpose of you putting out it there if you were unsure of it truth.
    I thought this was a forum where you discuss things without defaming people which i took great care not to.

Junior Member Foal mishka0972 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    tracy jones
    Does this statement look familiar, i see you stated it again in November last year. But of course there is not intent of defamation- just my opinion of course

"Peter Tonkin i think and believe he was a chemist in past life maybe wrong but that is what i have been told."

Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    I thought this was a forum where you discuss things without defaming people which i took great care not to.

Closed Thread