Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Who is the real trainer?

Junior Member Foal mishka0972 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    tracy jones
    NOT the case for the trainers mentioned ! There will always be negative people who are jealous of the success these skilled family run stables have. I say "Keep up the good work Luke and Belinda & Emma and Clayton- your horsemanship is to be admired".

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Lets make up fictional names to not offend anyone. Peter and Marie. Peter and Marie train as a 'team'. Peter is official trainer with authorities. Peter gets DQed. Horses transfered to Marie. See a problem?

aussiebreno
    Mishka,
    This isn't about jealousy or how well people train. It's about integrity.
    If Peter and Marie are training as a team but only Pete's name with authorities then if Pete gets a positive swab Marie is free for the horses to be transfered to.
    Two problems. Pete got in trouble...but according to you Pete and Marie were working as a team, therefore Marie would have been party to positive swab.
    Next problem, Pete is now DQed and Marie is training. Are they still working as a team?

Out of sammystew's post he/she raised issue of stablehands or other workers. Sammystew said it himself...these workers are merely working FOR the trainer, they aren't training. Employees don't have the responsibilities as the trainer. No need for listing.

Point of my posts today isn't about saying some people are dodgy bastards, but about a hard area to police that needs fixing imho.

Junior Member Foal Sammystew will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Sam Stewart
    Who is down as trainer? Why do u question it? Peter mannings wife helps at the stable. Do u want her name as trainer too? What u are saying is ridiculous. U could make the same judgement on every professional stable. Galloping or harness. There is no I in team and that's what makes these stables the best cause they are a team

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammystew View Post
    Who is down as trainer? Why do u question it? Peter mannings wife helps at the stable. Do u want her name as trainer too? What u are saying is ridiculous. U could make the same judgement on every professional stable. Galloping or harness. There is no I in team and that's what makes these stables the best cause they are a team
    Who's just helping and who's calling the shots?

I don't that it can occur where a helper goes to shot maker purely because the shot maker is DQed or because its insurance. Or do you support a DQed trainer being able to get a teammate to take the reins?

Note: Not aimed at anybody, just saying it can happen.

Junior Member Foal mishka0972 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    tracy jones
    The start of this thread questioned the integrity of these trainers, even followed by untrue comments that one had a father who was a chemist. Which is wrong considering the skill these people have- thus the success. Belinda or Emma aren't just wives or partners who take the trainer title for "murky" reasons they are active trainers and work hard in the family businesses they share with there husbands/ fiancée Luke and Clayton. Both these couples run a business and just choose one or the other to be the listed trainer. In Victoria you can not list 2 trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Mishka,
    This isn't about jealousy or how well people train. It's about integrity.
    If Peter and Marie are training as a team but only Pete's name with authorities then if Pete gets a positive swab Marie is free for the horses to be transfered to.
    Two problems. Pete got in trouble...but according to you Pete and Marie were working as a team, therefore Marie would have been party to positive swab.
    Next problem, Pete is now DQed and Marie is training. Are they still working as a team?

Out of sammystew's post he/she raised issue of stablehands or other workers. Sammystew said it himself...these workers are merely working FOR the trainer, they aren't training. Employees don't have the responsibilities as the trainer. No need for listing.

Point of my posts today isn't about saying some people are dodgy bastards, but about a hard area to police that needs fixing imho.

Real Name
    Sam Stewart
    Well said mishka.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Brenno the horses cant be transferred to Maries name or be trained by her in NSW dont know about other states.It is no-one else's business whose name is down as trainer. If the owner is happy that's all that count's.I don't know why you are so up in the air about it.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Brenno's concerns are exactly those that drew HRNSW to amend their rules on transferring horses following a trainer being disqualified.
    To date only NSW seems to have acted on a concern of many. IMO It is an issue I would have thought need looking into by all governing bodies.
    The McCarthy issue predated this change in NSW and earlier posts many predated the action of HRNSW.
    Brenno is arguing a general issue. An issue dealt with in NSW but not elsewhere. He is not arguing a McCarthy / Stewart issue.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Tracy and Sam I am in no way having a go at any stable let alone the ones you mention, both of which my son and I are very big fans.

I'm speaking generally too.

Do we need a rule like the one applied to Damien Oliver? He wasn't guilty of giving a horse anything or pulling it up. He was guilty of betting on a horse (not his) in a race he was riding in. Gave his every chance to win.

He was found guilty. He's not allowed to associate with anyone connected to racing industry. Can't speak to anyone, can't call anyone, can't anything if other person related to racing industry.

OUT means OUT

We need something similar?

Real Name
    Sam Stewart
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Tracy and Sam I am in no way having a go at any stable let alone the ones you mention, both of which my son and I are very big fans.

I'm speaking generally too.

Do we need a rule like the one applied to Damien Oliver? He wasn't guilty of giving a horse anything or pulling it up. He was guilty of betting on a horse (not his) in a race he was riding in. Gave his every chance to win.

He was found guilty. He's not allowed to associate with anyone connected to racing industry. Can't speak to anyone, can't call anyone, can't anything if other person related to racing industry.

OUT means OUT

We need something similar?
    We do. If someone is found guilty of similar things the same rules apply

Closed Thread