Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Shayne Cramp gets trainers license suspended for 6 months for a driving offence???

Banned Filly little fish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Username deleted

Shayne Cramp gets trainers license suspended for 6 months for a driving offence???

Cramp was only given till midnight to get everything organised for 30-odd horses - he was told this at 10.30pm when he was at Swan Hill which is 3 hours away from home (Mildura).

Animal welfare question - who is supposed to exercise/feed/drink the horses the following morning? Most of Australia is asleep at 10.30pm at night how the hell is a guy supposed to make all necessary arrangements when everyone is asleep.

In the general interests of owners and horses shouldn't the stewards maybe give the guy 24 hours to make arrangements?

And just wondering - didn't Glen Douglas pull Shayne Cramp out of a sulky not too long ago after a race and only got a 5k fine and 6 months driving suspension?

Lets be straight here - Glen Douglas hardly drives. He is first and foremost a trainer, THE trainer, suspending his driving license HA HA what a joke.

KEY POINT OF DIFFERENCE - Douglas charged with rule 231 which relates to harass/threaten etc. Cramp charged with rule 168 which is foul driving, putting people/horses safety in danger etc.

I suppose pulling a driver out of a sulky isn't a dangerous act? Driver had no chance of falling in the wrong manner and breaking his neck?

Thoughts??

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by little fish View Post
    Cramp was only given till midnight to get everything organised for 30-odd horses - he was told this at 10.30pm when he was at Swan Hill which is 3 hours away from home (Mildura).

Animal welfare question - who is supposed to exercise/feed/drink the horses the following morning? Most of Australia is asleep at 10.30pm at night how the hell is a guy supposed to make all necessary arrangements when everyone is asleep.

In the general interests of owners and horses shouldn't the stewards maybe give the guy 24 hours to make arrangements?

And just wondering - didn't Glen Douglas pull Shayne Cramp out of a sulky not too long ago after a race and only got a 5k fine and 6 months driving suspension?

Lets be straight here - the bloke hardly drives. He is first and foremost a trainer, THE trainer, suspending his driving license HA HA what a joke.

KEY POINT OF DIFFERENCE - Douglas charged with rule 231 which relates to harass/threaten etc. Cramp charged with rule 168 which is foul driving, putting people/horses safety in danger etc.

I suppose pulling a driver out of a sulky isn't a dangerous act? Driver had no chance of falling in the wrong manner and breaking his neck?

Thoughts??
    Thats woeful if true.

At the time of Douglas drivers suspension I was on here whinging it didn't directly relate to race driving and should have been tougher. Now Cramps has a bit more to do with race driving and his suspension is tougher. Making Douglas' driving suspension look more and more like a joke!

Real Name
    Username deleted
    The offence relates to this race:
    http://media.harness.org.au/vic/MLC12021303.wmv
    (for windows)

Incident happened as they crossed the finish line.

If Shayne Cramp had a brain fade and simply snapped then he deserves his drivers at least to be rubbed out - no arguments there.

However I believe Cramp has told stewards that he got the reins crossed and it was an accident. If you look at the replay it is hard to tell - certainly not conclusive enough evidence that you go straight to rubbing the guys out for 6 months and give him 90 minutes to make alternative arrangements for your horses.

I understand the stewards job and support them 100% in making it a cleaner more professional industry.

But there were 5 seperate witnesses to prove Douglas physically pulled Cramp out of his sulky - not just some grainy footage from sky that to be honest seems inconclusive.

Any other forces at play here that people can enlighten us about?

Real Name
    Username deleted
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=20091

"Stewards tonight concluded their inquiry into an incident that occurred after the winning post after the running of race 7 the Chloe Pace at the Mildura Harness Racing meeting on Tuesday, 12 February 2013.
    After considering further evidence tendered by drivers Shayne Cramp (Imtheguy), Nigel Milne (Maria Caterina), starter Doug Gretgrix, the official race replay and the Stewards’ own observations, driver Shayne Cramp was charged under AR 168(1) which reads: A person shall not before, during or after a race drive in a manner which in the opinion of the Stewards is careless, reckless, incompetent, intimidatory, improper, foul or likely to endanger persons or horses.
    The particulars of the charge being that after passing the winning post at the finish of the race Mr Cramp directed his drive Imtheguy inwards into the line of Maria Caterina (Nigel Milne) resulting in that horse being severely checked. The driving was alleged to be foul or likely to endanger persons or horses.
    Driver Cramp was found guilty as charged and after considering the matter of penalty he was disqualified for a period of six months. In determining penalty the Stewards took into account submissions of Mr Cramp and also the very serious nature of the charge."

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    We cannot have this sort of behaviour being carried out by anyone without a strong penalty being given. It was Shayne Cramps second offence for a similar thing that might have counted against him this time

Real Name
    Username deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy View Post
    We cannot have this sort of behaviour being carried out by anyone without a strong penalty being given. It was Shayne Cramps second offence for a similar thing that might have counted against him this time
    I don't think anyone could disagree with you there.

With that in mind can I ask what are your thoughts about the Douglas incident/penalty?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    According to the stewards report you have posted Cramp has not had his trainer's licence suspended for a driving offence.
    He has been disqualified. Disqualification carries much wider and stronger sanctions...e.g.... No driving, training, access to licenced premises such as stables, racecourses etc. Same sanctions as a breach of the prohibited substance rules.

Most trainers who face serious charges usually have prior knowledge of the likely penalty if convicted and are in a position to have the affairs of their business with respect to the horses etc in hand. The stock is usually able to be cared for etc by staff / family.
    It is not his first offence under this rule and no doubt the stewards have taken this into account.

Douglas' penalty related to a driving offence for which he was penalised under a different rule and debated here at the time. Chalk and cheese maybe???

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy View Post
    Sorry but what a dogs act.
    Thats racing Shane, Nigel had every right to post you as he did out there. Its not "give way to the king of Mildura" you know, reminds me of his mate in Perth who belted another driver after the line with his whip cos he wasnt happy about something, birds of a feather!
    If that's his second similar offence the penalty was light.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    The default for these situations should always be 'old school'. The parties concerned agree to step out behind the stable block after the last & square up all accounts there or otherwise pick a paddock on the way home, stand toe to toe & swing away. Do it when there's nobody else around that can see it or that might get hurt, man or horse. Racing is already dangerous enough as it is without adding to it.

Junior Member Foal silky smooth will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    pete king
    Quote Originally Posted by little fish View Post
    The offence relates to this race:
    http://media.harness.org.au/vic/MLC12021303.wmv
    (for windows)

Incident happened as they crossed the finish line.

If Shayne Cramp had a brain fade and simply snapped then he deserves his drivers at least to be rubbed out - no arguments there.

However I believe Cramp has told stewards that he got the reins crossed and it was an accident. If you look at the replay it is hard to tell - certainly not conclusive enough evidence that you go straight to rubbing the guys out for 6 months and give him 90 minutes to make alternative arrangements for your horses.

I understand the stewards job and support them 100% in making it a cleaner more professional industry.

But there were 5 seperate witnesses to prove Douglas physically pulled Cramp out of his sulky - not just some grainy footage from sky that to be honest seems inconclusive.

Any other forces at play here that people can enlighten us about?
    Cramp was not given till midnight to sort his affairs out he has 48 hours to appeal or have horses sent elsewhere he was given his time straight after the last and correct me if I'm wrong that was not after 10 o'clock if I'm wrong I'm sorry

+ Reply to Thread