Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Shayne Cramp gets trainers license suspended for 6 months for a driving offence???

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Barry,
    I have had many an occasion to wonder about double standards in my 40 + years in this game, and I might add almost 40 years as a licenced trainer and driver,hobby breeder,owner and administrator so I feel fairly comfortable making the comments I do on this forum, particularly around race driving and training.

you have made no attempt to hide your affection for the Cramp team, and that's entirely up to you mate, but I have no connection/affiliation to anyone down there and I am starting to get the impression you may be pushing some sort of barrow, once again, I will confirm that I am not.

The race we are discussing on this thread, was, as i could see it, set up for the "swoopers" with the leader clearly under pressure from more than one other runner after the blue light went on.......................I don't want to draw conclusions with little or no evidence other than an observation, but I would suggest some people watch the race again from a completely neutral perspective ( as I have) and see if your opinions are still the same.

Cheers,
    Dan

Banned Filly little fish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Username deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Barry,
    I have had many an occasion to wonder about double standards in my 40 + years in this game, and I might add almost 40 years as a licenced trainer and driver,hobby breeder,owner and administrator so I feel fairly comfortable making the comments I do on this forum, particularly around race driving and training.

you have made no attempt to hide your affection for the Cramp team, and that's entirely up to you mate, but I have no connection/affiliation to anyone down there and I am starting to get the impression you may be pushing some sort of barrow, once again, I will confirm that I am not.

The race we are discussing on this thread, was, as i could see it, set up for the "swoopers" with the leader clearly under pressure from more than one other runner after the blue light went on.......................I don't want to draw conclusions with little or no evidence other than an observation, but I would suggest some people watch the race again from a completely neutral perspective ( as I have) and see if your opinions are still the same.

Cheers,
    Dan
    Correct since day one I have been up front outing myself as a Cramp supporter. I would hope that does not lessen the validity of my discussions here though. If there is an genuine issue then it should not matter who is the defender of justice only that justice is the end point to which we are all working towards.

I'm stumped what relevence the tactics of the race has, or whether the race was set up for swoopers or not. To then follow those comments with a suggestion that we all look at the race from a 'completely neutral perspective as you have' ?? Where are you coming/going with that?

Sorry mate but if anyone spoke to me like that across a negotiating table in business I'd have alarm bells ringing in my head all over the place.

I'm still staggered that he did not cop a suspension when you consider what Greg Cramp got not so long ago. In my opinion it was the right shoulder bump by the winning driver that unbalanced Cramp's horse the most and which then cost it any chance of balancing up into the straight. Even you said it looked VERY CROOK.

But you'd give him a pat on the back for it if you were the owner of that horse?

Cripes I hope mine don't come up against your team too often in a charge to the line!

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by little fish View Post
    Correct since day one I have been up front outing myself as a Cramp supporter. I would hope that does not lessen the validity of my discussions here though. If there is an genuine issue then it should not matter who is the defender of justice only that justice is the end point to which we are all working towards.

I'm stumped what relevence the tactics of the race has, or whether the race was set up for swoopers or not. To then follow those comments with a suggestion that we all look at the race from a 'completely neutral perspective as you have' ?? Where are you coming/going with that?

Sorry mate but if anyone spoke to me like that across a negotiating table in business I'd have alarm bells ringing in my head all over the place.

I'm still staggered that he did not cop a suspension when you consider what Greg Cramp got not so long ago. In my opinion it was the right shoulder bump by the winning driver that unbalanced Cramp's horse the most and which then cost it any chance of balancing up into the straight.
    Even you said it looked VERY CROOK.

But you'd give him a pat on the back for it if you were the owner of that horse?

Cripes I hope mine don't come up against your team too often in a charge to the line!

Barry, perhaps I have not explained myself very well,

If you are stumped as to the relevance of that statement, then sorry mate I can't say anything more, other than " look at it from a completely neutral perpective". Again.

"even you" smacks of some sort of biased viewpoint, which I made quite clear I have no association whatsoever with any of the players in this incident.
    The rest of that statement was correct, I said it LOOKED VERY CROOK, I also preceded that with my observations as an experienced driver that the action was not foul or aggressive, but in fact had avoided a far worse outcome no matter who's side you are sitting on, and YES if someone driving for me did that to avoid a dangerous situation in the home straight OF COURSE I would give him at pat on the back.

I don't like judging people without knowing them, but I'm a little offended that you have selected what you want from my post and perhaps tried to make it sound anti CRAMP CAMP, I made comments on what I saw based around my knowledge as a trainer and driver, I am beginning to think you are making your comments based around your pocket.

But of course I could be wrong, and so could you Barry, and if I was a punting man ( and I'm not) I wouldn't back you mate.

Cheers,
    Dan

Real Name
    Username deleted
    Barry, perhaps I have not explained myself very well,

If you are stumped as to the relevance of that statement, then sorry mate I can't say anything more, other than " look at it from a completely neutral perpective". Again.
    Not explained yourself very well? Mate you did not explain that comment at all.

You can't say anything more? Yes you can say more, you can answer the question and detail exactly why it is relevant.

"even you" smacks of some sort of biased viewpoint, which I made quite clear I have no association whatsoever with any of the players in this incident.
    The rest of that statement was correct, I said it LOOKED VERY CROOK, I also preceded that with my observations as an experienced driver that the action was not foul or aggressive, but in fact had avoided a far worse outcome no matter who's side you are sitting on, and YES if someone driving for me did that to avoid a dangerous situation in the home straight OF COURSE I would give him at pat on the back.

I don't like judging people without knowing them, but I'm a little offended that you have selected what you want from my post and perhaps tried to make it sound anti CRAMP CAMP, I made comments on what I saw based around my knowledge as a trainer and driver, I am beginning to think you are making your comments based around your pocket.

But of course I could be wrong, and so could you Barry, and if I was a punting man ( and I'm not) I wouldn't back you mate.

Cheers,
    Dan
    Danno,

I didn't say you were anti-Cramp. To be honest I think you are doing a better job at suggesting that by getting so defensive...jumping at shadows....

You have gone to great lengths to stress your impartiality, and then gone on to subtley take the side opposing the Cramps, whether that be stewards or opposing drivers. I have been up front in declaring my loyalties but have tried to discuss from an objective perspective.

Early in this thread I said if Shayne had a brainfade on Imtheguy he deserves a good kick in the arse. And he got one. 6 months driving is fair if you ask me for a serious driving offence like that.

However any kick in the arse needs to be in line with past penalties for similar offences. And his initial penalty was not.

Incidentally I am not a blind supporter of anything....trainers, friends, footy teams, or even family.

Like I said I am finding it hard to not think they are being treated differently. I am not accusing the stewards of anything improper I am sure most of them try their best to maintain composure and impartiality - but they are only human - and when you look at these specific examples of 'similar' incidents where the Cramps have been hit harder than the other offenders it sure does make a guy like me think about it a bit, if you know what I mean.

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    Done trying to explain it to you Barry,
    Cheers,
    Dan

Real Name
    Username deleted
    Done trying to explain it to you Barry,
    Cheers,
    Dan
    This is just grandstanding rubbish now Danno, you haven't really tried to explain your comment at all.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Get a translator then.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 09-19-2013 at 07:41 AM.

aussiebreno
    This thread is a bit of a yawn.

I haven't been this bored since a full card of mile and a half SS conditioned racing.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    this thread is a bit of a yawn.

I haven't been this bored since a full card of mile and a half ss conditioned racing.

With 45 minutes between races!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Runners (often multiple) in 8 of the 9 races at Mildura tonight and went home with 4 wins and 4 seconds (including a quinella). Have we ever seen such domination of a track?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread