Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Shayne Cramp gets trainers license suspended for 6 months for a driving offence???

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Richly deserved.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minuteman View Post
    Richly deserved.
    Totally agree Ron, "foul" behaviour like this is not to be tolerated, hopefully a lesson learnt, its just not acceptable.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    It would be helpful to we on the sidelines to be privy to the same DVD footage that has been digitally enhanced by the Vic Police and used by the Appeals Board in assessing the case and penalty but alas we are not. I would subscribe that the gentlemen involved are qualified and experienced enough to arrive at a decision that fits the crime. In any sporting arena there is always the danger that appeal decisions will be varied and in this case I believe they have got it right. He CAN continue training. The $5,000 fine increased to $10,000 is also appropriate. Big message to all drivers...you may well have a brain snap and you may well lose your head in the heat of the moment, but the moment you step out of the sulky you can expect to be facing the music BIG TIME. No other driver should be exposed to the risks from drivers who DELIBERATELY intend to cause physical harm to other drivers/horses. FULLSTOP. Hypothetically speaking, where could this whole incident have ended up if Maria Caterina had gone down, broken her neck, put Milne over the running rail and incurring severe injuries through a deliberate act, whether it be in the heat of the moment or not. It would be in the courts for years.

In the context of the race, Milne drove a great race, keeping his biggest danger posted and he did nothing wrong whatsoever and did not deserve to be on the brunt of a foul act.

Its a long way from a C2 at Mildura racing for a $3,400 winners cheque and the Golden Slipper of 1996, but even back then a $50,000 fine wasn't going to stop one G Hall from knocking over the field. I think a $10,000 fine may make Cramp think twice next time.

I see he is now considering further appeals through VCAT, so its not all over yet.

Member Yearling Bandito will become famous soon enough Bandito's Avatar
    Real Name
    John Banner
    Occupation
    Relaxing
    Whatever happened with this? I was at Charlton a week or so ago and saw SC drive/train 2/2. Looked him up and was amazed at his phenomenal %'s. I see he trained 4/6 on a 7 race card at Mildura yesterday but did not drive any of them

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    This was handed down from VCAT on 1 August 2013

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=21303

Real Name
    John Banner
    Occupation
    Relaxing
    Thanks Brad. SC would have made the $10k in the last couple of weeks
    Edit: Just had a look at that meeting - had horses in 7/8 races for 5 winners, 4 seconds & 4 thirds and yet he was still full of angry pills
    Last edited by Bandito; 08-04-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    There is no doubting his ability to train a horse.

Real Name
    John Banner
    Occupation
    Relaxing
    Mildura tomorrow Craig Rail selects SC to win 6 of the 8 with Nathan Jack his number one driver

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Barry you must be kidding

I think he should have got 6 months.

I am sure he would not have shifted up the track if Nigel Milne on Maria Caterina was behind the leader.

Banned Filly little fish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Username deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Barry you must be kidding

I think he should have got 6 months.

I am sure he would not have shifted up the track if Nigel Milne on Maria Caterina was behind the leader.
    Ha ha 6 months surely not me who is kidding

Your bias is too obvious

Show the race to someone who doesn't know the bitter history between all parties nor who trains any of the horses and I can say from experience - I did it twice with this very incident - and they will look at you puzzled like is there a grudge behind the scenes that I don't know about.

6 months jeez mate ha ha seldom a sillier/more vindictive thing said on here surely!

+ Reply to Thread