Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shayne Cramp gets trainers license suspended for 6 months for a driving offence???

Banned Filly little fish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Username deleted
    Maorisidol I don't know of any relevent priors, as far as I know Shayne is pretty clean but I stand to be corrected if clumsy can prove otherwise?

For the record Maria Caterina raced this Tuesday just gone, she had a bit of skin off from the incident 2 weeks earlier.

On Tuesday there were 7 races, 4 horses were swabbed, you guessed it only the Cramp horses swabbed. The other 3 non-Cramp trained winners were not swabbed.

When Shayne Cramp came back from WA he worked damn hard networking to bring new owners to the stable and bring in better class horses from NZ, from the yearling sales, and also claims in town (eg Ragpickers Dream). They also invested heavily in a deep sand track and their UFO sulky.

The guy works as hard as anyone. Last week he drove down to Melton (6-7 hours drive), after the races he loaded his horses back on the float and drove all the way back to Mildura, then was up at 6am to work horses.

If anyone scratches their head wondering why the Cramp stable is firing they need only to look at these facts and realise they have got better horses that are fitter and are using better equipment.

Also helps that the horses they are racing against are the same old tired horses going around up there week after week, the type of horses that Cramp would sack.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Maybe reason for difference in penalties is because a horse got injured the second time?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    This matter is now under appeal

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Little Fish
    You are quite right I have mistaken the fact that Cramp was involved but he did not receive any penalty,sorry.

Real Name
    Username deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy View Post
    Little Fish
    You are quite right I have mistaken the fact that Cramp was involved but he did not receive any penalty,sorry.
    Actually I think what you've done is you have clumsily outed yourself as someone who for whatever reason doesn't like shayne cramp.

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Quote Originally Posted by little fish View Post
    Actually I think what you've done is you have clumsily outed yourself as someone who for whatever reason doesn't like shayne cramp.
    Little Fish
    I do not know Shayne Cramp and I do have great respect for his training ability.This was a genuine mistake on my behalf. all Ican do I apologise.

Real Name
    Username deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy View Post
    Little Fish
    I do not know Shayne Cramp and I do have great respect for his training ability.This was a genuine mistake on my behalf. all Ican do I apologise.
    No worries clumsy.

Heard earlier the stay has been granted so he is back until the appeal hearing. Haven't set a date yet.

Member Yearling Diablo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Miller
    My opinion is that Cramp deliberately turned his horse into Maria Caterina. At no point after the incident did Cramp turn his back to either offer an apology or see if all was ok with MC. Cramp simply didn't like having anyone stick it to him.

Member Gelding Lenem will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lenny Bagle
    After unfairly having my earlier post removed,I quote the following:

22 September 2010 Harness Media Release

RWWA Stewards today concluded an inquiry into the actions of Gary Hall Jnr (Spirit of Shard NZ) shortly after the finish of Race 4 the Centurion Claiming Pace (2536M) at Gloucester Park on Friday 17th September 2010.

At today’s resumption, further evidence was taken from Gary Hall Jnr and Nathan Turvey (Parasite NZ). In addition enhanced vision of the incident was viewed.

Mr Hall was found guilty to a charge of having driven in an improper manner issued under the provisions of Harness Rule 168(1) in that he attempted to strike Mr Turvey with the whip shortly after passing the Winning Post.

His driver’s licence was suspended for a period of 6 weeks from midnight 22nd September 2010.

In determining penalty Stewards took into consideration the seriousness of the offence, Mr Hall’s good record and his personal circumstances.

Stewards also inquired into the actions of Mr Turvey racing towards the front straight on the final occasion. Whilst they had some reservations regarding his actions they did not consider the evidence sufficient to proceed with the matter.

WILLIAM J DELANEY
    Chief Steward - Harness

My point being that Hall & Cramp (best of mates) are undoubtedly talented but have a lot of maturing to do.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars

+ Reply to Thread