Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Shayne Cramp gets trainers license suspended for 6 months for a driving offence???

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Well Mr C won S I X out of 8!! Every race in which he had a short Fav: $2, $1.50, $1.40, $1.30, $1.30, $1.30
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I have noticed the fields getting smaller and smaller at Mildura. People aren't interested in making the long trip when they can only run 2nd or 3rd.
    You could say he's killing them at Mildura !
    Just hope the local club and industry can survive . It's never good to have one person dominating the sport , no matter where it is !
    Don't die wondering !

Banned Filly little fish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Username deleted
    Did anyone see last race at Mildura last week? Greg Cramp drove The Chaplain was fav and sat death, the leader (which was 2nd fav) drifts out on the home turn and completely knocks the fav over, nearly fell, which then knocks over a couple of others including 3rd fav, and the leader goes on to win the race.

Horse on leaders back was 55-1 so no worries about getting run down there.

Driver of winner is cautioned for lack of control. Nothing more.

6 weeks ago Greg Cramp got 4 weeks for drifting out 1/2 a horse from the death on a horse that was under pressure. Never knocked anything over, no horses or humans lives in danger.

As a significant owner in the industry I am finding it difficult not to think it is different rules for different people.

By the way if this post gets deleted by a moderator I will delete my account and never return.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I just watched it for you. I do not think it was intentional ( what was on his back then irrelevant) as he seemed to lack control throughout. He did not 'completely knock over' even the death horse but seriously checked it and should have got a couple of weeks or more if he had priors.
    I could joke that the stewards may have been happy that the Cramps did not win a 7th for the night but I do not think you would find it funny.
    PS The mods would only laugh at your final threat - I know, trust me.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Well Barry, I watched that race on Friday and at the time thought "now the Cramps know how it feels to be on the receiving end of dirty driving" but fully expected the 8th V 1st protest to carry some weight and some justice prevail with Bretaca being relegated. Protest dismissed, didn't give it another thought.

Until now, after just watching the incident on the home turn on the replay several times, not only am I convinced that Devcic allowed Bretaca to shift out into The Chaplains rightful path, Devcic gave the best right shoulder into the outside horse (his only biggest danger at the stage) that I have ever seen, successfully unbalancing that horse and disrupting the other Cramp horse Pental Cracker which was just building up momentum. The offending driver got a caution only.

In my mind that is just crap stewarding because it looked plain and simple foul driving.

The replay is here on the results page Race 8...make up your own minds.

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...L060913&ms=vic
    Last edited by broncobrad; 09-11-2013 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Added a bit

Real Name
    Username deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Well Barry, I watched that race on Friday and at the time thought "now the Cramps know how it feels to be on the receiving end of dirty driving" but fully expected the 8th V 1st protest to carry some weight and some justice prevail with Bretaca being relegated. Protest dismissed, didn't give it another thought.

Until now, after just watching the incident on the home turn on the replay several times, not only am I convinced that Devcic allowed Bretaca to shift out into The Chaplains rightful path, Devcic gave the best right shoulder into the outside horse (his only biggest danger at the stage) that I have ever seen, successfully unbalancing that horse and disrupting the other Cramp horse Pental Cracker which was just building up momentum. The offending driver got a caution only.

In my mind that is just crap stewarding because it looked plain and simple foul driving.

The replay is here on the results page Race 8...make up your own minds.

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...L060913&ms=vic
    Hooray someone else saw the driver of the leader lean out of his sulky and give Cramp's horse a right shoulder as his horse was only 'severely checking' it.

Messenger you must be blind.

Stewards = in my opinion pathetic job on this occasion.

Me as an owner = struggling big time to not think they have it in for Cramps.

The thing that really annoys me is GC got 4 weeks not long ago for something not half as bad as what happened in this race.

I think I might ring the head steward involved in this meeting and voice to him my queries, as an owner I believe I am entitled to do that.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Hey guys I don't want to seem as if I'm completely defending the drive, but the stipes got one thing right by dismissing the protest, the horse protesting was never going to beat the leader, he was gone turning for home.
    Secondly I know the "shoulder" looked crook, actually LOOKED very crook, however, the action was a defensive action rather than foul or agressive, if the driver on the leader/winner didn't shoulder off the other horse one of two things were about to happen
    a) the chaplain gets dropped on the deck or
    b) the driver of the leader gets tipped out.

so having said that am I sure the driver of the winner got what he deserved?

dunno for sure but if that was my horse he was driving I'd give him a pat on the back for his actions during that incident and a kick up the bum for use of the whip after that!

cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    The Mildura trots have been like a roller derby for years now ! Must be the heat up there !
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Username deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hey guys I don't want to seem as if I'm completely defending the drive, but the stipes got one thing right by dismissing the protest, the horse protesting was never going to beat the leader, he was gone turning for home.
    Secondly I know the "shoulder" looked crook, actually LOOKED very crook, however, the action was a defensive action rather than foul or agressive, if the driver on the leader/winner didn't shoulder off the other horse one of two things were about to happen
    a) the chaplain gets dropped on the deck or
    b) the driver of the leader gets tipped out.

so having said that am I sure the driver of the winner got what he deserved?

dunno for sure but if that was my horse he was driving I'd give him a pat on the back for his actions during that incident and a kick up the bum for use of the whip after that!

cheers,
    Dan
    I don't think you can say The Chaplain was definitely gone. Shayne gets his horses rock hard fit so you can't be 100% certain it would not have found something extra down the straight.

Re the winning driver getting what he deserved, he got to keep the win and only a simple caution for the drive. Do you think that is getting 'what he deserved'?

I keep going back to Greg Cramp drifting out a horse on the same bend not long ago, no interference to any other horses, and he got 4 weeks.

It bothers me this troubling perception I have of double standards, it started with the foul driving penalty for Shayne compared to Douglas's for pulling him out of the sulky, then the 4 weeks GC got for drifting out on the home turn at mildura, and now this incident.

Everyone talks about needing more owners, well how can you expect me to stay keen to be putting big bucks in when I have nagging doubt in the back of my mind about these sorts of events. If they rub out the winning driver for 4 weeks I'd think yep level playing field, no bias. But nup he gets a caution, excuse me but ha ha what a joke

Senior Member Colt Lethal is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    I'm not sure that our opinions regarding the merit of the drive have any relevance other than to promote robust discussion.BUT it might be considered that the drive contravened the rules of Harness Racing: that being rule 163 (1) (a) A driver shall not cause or contribute to any crossing, jostling or interference. AND rule 170 (2) A driver shall not drive in a race with part of the drivers body protruding beyond the sulky.
    My memory may be better than some, but many topline drivers have been suspended under these rules.
    Different rules for different people?

+ Reply to Thread