Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Shayne Cramp gets trainers license suspended for 6 months for a driving offence???

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Unortunately guys the average punter who is not a rusted on Harness supporter has other options to laying odds on.
    Was told when i was a youngster (a long time ago ) 2 things to never do in life
    1 lay odds on
    2 Run up stairs.
    Have followed those rules all my life to old to change now.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Agree with u Brendan. A man much smarter than I (Dominic Beirne) once told me that there was definitely $$ in betting the really short ones. That said, I definitely get white knuckle fever when I do, Black Caviar aside......it's very painful when they get beat.
    Since betfair has come along I've always wondered how the math would turn out if one was to bet (or lay) every runner (all 3 codes) that started at 1/4 or shorter. Someone out there might know.
    I have commented on this before - I would not fancy doing it for the trots as long odds on are often beaten (when not Cramp horses) and nobody bats an eyelid. Would not know about the dogs but at the races it rarely happens - it is the main racing story in the next day's newspaper if it does.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    There was a guy in Sydney years ago known as The Fireman. He would take the shorts on the gallopers every week, But had some serious cash to back him up. It was not uncommon for him to have 100k on an odds on shot and he made a pretty fair living out of it. Not much value backing the short priced favourites, But if your clever enough, There's value in the exotics.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    No doubt the usual treble or better for SJC at Mildura tonight
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    4 Winners tonight to now be 58 for the most winners in Vic this season ( to Emma Stewart's 57 ). I know he made the drivers invitational viable tonight but is he scaring other trainers off? With these races being non penalty you would not expect one trainer to have 3 out of 9 runners in one heat and 4 out of 6 in another (he also had 3 of 6 runners in another race).
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    There was a guy in Sydney years ago known as The Fireman. He would take the shorts on the gallopers every week, But had some serious cash to back him up. It was not uncommon for him to have 100k on an odds on shot and he made a pretty fair living out of it. Not much value backing the short priced favourites, But if your clever enough, There's value in the exotics.
    Name was Eddie Birchley and he went broke pretty quick.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Think he was around for a while Ron, but as you say, he went broke pretty quick. I guess could say, nothing's really a certainty no matter how short the odds.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Again never even looked at Mildura for reasons explained in this thread.If i a died in the wool harness fan gives it a miss imagine what the not so keen do avoid it like a plague.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Shayne first winner since back driving - Copthewrath LOL
    Adding to irony by driving Copthewrath, its granddam Southern Sugar (a sire stakes winning mare) is by Popular Alm. Messenger would probably say not since V Knight at Kilmore has anybody dominated a track like Cramp at Mildura!
    Possibly the best performed line descending from the great Popular Alm?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't remember Vinny getting a treble every meeting Brendan - another treble tonight (including a first four) to bring up 62 Vic winners for SJC so far this season - I reckon about 50 of them would be at home. Could a trainer ever win 100 races at the one track in a season ?!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread