+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Well done Menangle.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly

Well done Menangle.

Just had a call from Rydges about the shuttle bus from there on Sunday.Organised by Menangle,there are two buses both leaving at 10.30 for a programme starting at 12.30.
    As we have an hundred mile drive to start our day,the thought of leaving home in time to catch the bus and then spending 1 1/2 hrs gazing at an empty track does not appeal.
    I suppose having one bus leave at 10.30 and then the second bus at 11.30 never occurred to anyone?

P.S. Double checked with Rydges before posting and they confirmed both buses to leave at 10.30.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    For anyone travelling to this meeting and wishing to avoid the traffic delay, there is a Country train which is due to leave Campbelltown Station at 12.04pm then Macathur station at 12.07 (Both have parking available) which arrives at Menangle Station opposite the main gate entry at 12.12pm.

Ron, from Rydges which is mid stations, travelling time to either is 3 to 4 minutes, allow 10 to include parking.

This could be an option.

Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    [QUOTE=p plater;26093]For anyone travelling to this meeting and wishing to avoid the traffic delay, there is a Country train which is due to leave Campbelltown Station at 12.04pm then Macathur station at 12.07 (Both have parking available) which arrives at Menangle Station opposite the main gate entry at 12.12pm.

Ron, from Rydges which is mid stations, travelling time to either is 3 to 4 minutes, allow 10 to include parking.
    Aware of that thank you,will be taking shuttle bus from McArthur @ 11.35.

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Came over from Adelaide on the Red eye just for the day and have to say it was the most enjoyable day I've ever had at a Hanress Racing meeting.

Placed all my best on the night before after reading about the trouble with facilities at the track, but found it was relatively easy to get a drink, easy to put a bet on (though I saw maybe 3 bookmakers all day) and while the Grandstand etc was not finished the viewing platform and parade ring are second to none.

The crowd was knowledgable and real race fans, the staff friendly, and had a fairly good day on the punt so couldn't ask for more..

Well done ITMQ and congrats to the Menangle club, managed to drag a few old mates currently residing in Sydney with me and I'm sure they'll all be back again.

Put Melton, Globe Derby etc to shame.

Cheers

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach

Thumbs up Thumbs Up Menangle

I know Bailey only had my best interests at heart when he suggested I postpone this year but I am 1000% over the moon that we went anyway. Under the circumstances I thought the day was absolutely brilliant. From the parking marshalls, barkeeps, bookies, security personnel...the friendly service and attitude was A1. The weather held, the track was perfect and the horses did the ALL talking. It is clearly evident when all the works are finished that Menangle will be the jewel of harness racing throughout Oz and Nz and next years event will be awesome.

That aside, it was without doubt, the best day I have ever experienced at the trots. So many quality horses on one track at the same time, 7 Group 1s. Wow!! It meant a lot to even those that experience success on a regular basis. Even Harvey had a crack in his voice at his acceptance speech after his great mare Our Sixpence saluted. Well done Harvey, success doesn't come easy and should be savoured as you obviously did and so quickly deferred the accolades to those around you who made it happen.

There was a bit of a hiccough for me when the Majestic Mach got rolled by Lenny, but that was a brave run and he only just got done. Lenny wouldn't have been there if he wasn't good enough to compete and he did put the wind up Guaranteed the week before, hindsight is marvellous eh!

Christen Me's win was just the best and he looked to do it so easily. What a highlight, what an absolute superstar he is going to be, but it was just the curtain raiser to one of the classic ID's we have experienced. ITMQ did what Brendan has predicted for so (bloody) long. Silenced his doubters (me included) with that last to first dash which not only did he sustain but could have gone another lap. In saying that Mah Sish, Excel Stride, TTL, Carribean Blaster and Washakie were not disgraced at all. Found myself punching the air myself when GH Jnr did the double handed salute over the line. Pure theatre and the WHOLE crowd celebrated with him. There were no petty jealousy's on display he was totally embraced and so he should have been.

Lauren Panellas win was a highlight (her first G1), thought Left Loaded had her covered when they sailed past me at the 100m but Lauren got that bit extra out of her horse. Great stuff.

That stabling area is absolutely out of this world and talk about tough, the security wouldn't even let us take a plastic bottle of water into the area. Fair enough.

The downsides of the day from my point of view were only trifling matters that can be worked on. As Craig pointed out above, the crowd there were a very knowledgeable bunch and like me wanted to hear the addresses and speeches and the after race driver interviews but the volume was a bit hit and miss and the gig mike was unreliable. The on-line betting machines also went down for a time as well although I doubt that HRNSW had any control over that. Shame, but overall I thought John Dumesny and Sam Nati should be extremely proud of their efforts to bring this day to fruition, the staff should be congratulated for having the facilities as functional as they were and ensuring the show went on without a hitch. Well done Menangle!!!

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Brad, my comments were well meant, seeing you were travelling so far. You now know what I was referring to about what's instore next year when its finished.
    Hope the wife was impressed enough to return next year as well.
    Great to read your comments, considering its half done.

Junior Member Weanling jimmy777 will become famous soon enough jimmy777's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jim Boyd
    Just a little criticism about Menangle. Dan Milecki made a good point on "In The Gig" this week that the winning post is very hard to pick up on TV and I couldn't agree more with him. The actual winning post blends into the advertising and watching the races on TV I found you had to rely on Fred Hastings call to determine who had won. Just something the powers that be could rectify.

Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    I know Bailey only had my best interests at heart when he suggested I postpone this year but I am 1000% over the moon that we went anyway. Under the circumstances I thought the day was absolutely brilliant. From the parking marshalls, barkeeps, bookies, security personnel...the friendly service and attitude was A1. The weather held, the track was perfect and the horses did the ALL talking. It is clearly evident when all the works are finished that Menangle will be the jewel of harness racing throughout Oz and Nz and next years event will be awesome.

That aside, it was without doubt, the best day I have ever experienced at the trots. So many quality horses on one track at the same time, 7 Group 1s. Wow!! It meant a lot to even those that experience success on a regular basis. Even Harvey had a crack in his voice at his acceptance speech after his great mare Our Sixpence saluted. Well done Harvey, success doesn't come easy and should be savoured as you obviously did and so quickly deferred the accolades to those around you who made it happen.

There was a bit of a hiccough for me when the Majestic Mach got rolled by Lenny, but that was a brave run and he only just got done. Lenny wouldn't have been there if he wasn't good enough to compete and he did put the wind up Guaranteed the week before, hindsight is marvellous eh!

Christen Me's win was just the best and he looked to do it so easily. What a highlight, what an absolute superstar he is going to be, but it was just the curtain raiser to one of the classic ID's we have experienced. ITMQ did what Brendan has predicted for so (bloody) long. Silenced his doubters (me included) with that last to first dash which not only did he sustain but could have gone another lap. In saying that Mah Sish, Excel Stride, TTL, Carribean Blaster and Washakie were not disgraced at all. Found myself punching the air myself when GH Jnr did the double handed salute over the line. Pure theatre and the WHOLE crowd celebrated with him. There were no petty jealousy's on display he was totally embraced and so he should have been.

Lauren Panellas win was a highlight (her first G1), thought Left Loaded had her covered when they sailed past me at the 100m but Lauren got that bit extra out of her horse. Great stuff.

That stabling area is absolutely out of this world and talk about tough, the security wouldn't even let us take a plastic bottle of water into the area. Fair enough.

The downsides of the day from my point of view were only trifling matters that can be worked on. As Craig pointed out above, the crowd there were a very knowledgeable bunch and like me wanted to hear the addresses and speeches and the after race driver interviews but the volume was a bit hit and miss and the gig mike was unreliable. The on-line betting machines also went down for a time as well although I doubt that HRNSW had any control over that. Shame, but overall I thought John Dumesny and Sam Nati should be extremely proud of their efforts to bring this day to fruition, the staff should be congratulated for having the facilities as functional as they were and ensuring the show went on without a hitch. Well done Menangle!!!
    I know that I have been a critic of the Menangle operatives but I must say that I fully endorse the above comments,particularly those about Cristen Me.
    Strange as it may seem,as we had a fine day weatherwise our only problem was that it was uncomfortably hot in the open stand.
    Top day,great racing and a special wrap to the connections of Mach Beauty,an absolute screamer of a run and my wife was on at $88 and was still shaking an hour later.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy777 View Post
    Just a little criticism about Menangle. Dan Milecki made a good point on "In The Gig" this week that the winning post is very hard to pick up on TV and I couldn't agree more with him. The actual winning post blends into the advertising and watching the races on TV I found you had to rely on Fred Hastings call to determine who had won. Just something the powers that be could rectify.
    I dont have any trouble with it once you know where it is . I would rather look for it than try to see who won at Melton with the angle from the camera.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    THE worst winning post angle I've ever seen is at The Gold Coast. If you're up in the stand it seems like the horses go half a furlong past you before they hit the wire.

+ Reply to Thread