Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Quinny

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Senior just told A Hamilton on Trackside from Perth via phone that there is NO WAY TMQ goes to the MM.
    He is going to spell and head to senior real target... NZ Cup in November.
    Senior makes the decisions and ...Quote... I'm putting my foot down here...unquote...snr..!!!

aussiebreno
    Champion!

Member Gelding Grinder will become famous soon enough Grinder's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dave Solosy
    Occupation
    Grumpy man
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnies mate View Post
    G'day all, first post for me.
    Just about to have dinner with one of Quinnies owners. Always a good time but after Sunday and todays win it might be a big one tonight.
    Welcome to the forum, Craig. Plenty of Quinny's admirers here (and a few critics, but they aren't bad people, really ;-) ).
    Tell the owner the fans want to see Quinny in the Miracle Mile, provided he's fit and keeping his form.
    Enjoy the night!

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Thats how you win a Group 1. Gary Hall Jnr took the race by the scruff of the neck and put it beyond doubt on the corner. Great horse great win.

NOW CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT RICKY MAY WAS DOING ON TTL???? Yes Danno the riders in the stand are at it again...asking questions.

Did he realise there was a race on? Protecting your horse is one thing, denying it any realistic opportunity is a little bit different. After all Im Themightyquin was in the same race and being driven like a good thing.
    Another super run by Quinny and another master drive by jnr.
    Brad totally agree Im still trying to work out what was going through Ricky Mays mind.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Now that was good.
    I think Jnr would've been very nervous going forward so early tho, it was only because at the 1600 when The Gold Ace got the lead and put the brakes on so his stablemate could go around him again to regain the lead, that a chain reaction caused some trouble and Quinn got pushed out 3 wide, from there He couldn't really go backwards, so he went forward and ended up in the death at bell. Luckily also it was a slowish race, 4 seconds slower than when he won this in 2011. With a mile rate of 1:59.6 this year vs 1:57.6. That was tho the best I have seen him race.
    Was that the worst drive by Ricky May in Aus NZ this year, handing up to a $39 chance who is stablemate of Gold Ace?!!!
    I do believe he would've won if he didn't have to give Quinn 6-8 lengths at the top of the straight cos he made up a lot of ground the last furlong, good thing beaten, no disrespect to Quinn he ran super.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    ITMQ can do the impossible. The horse was just about on the outside fence in last position at the start with junior really trying to rein him into the running line after 300 metres. In the meantime the horses upfront were a mile in front of him including TTL, then got a cart up behind Fly Like an Eagle, sat in the breeze at the 700 metre mark and then stormed away from them. TTL a good thing beaten?- I don't think so. Every horse gets their chance over 2700 metres and no doubt Quinny
    has got a lot of drivers running scared, and lets face it, there was still daylight between ITMQ and TTL at the finish. Glad to see a lot of members coming out from under their rocks to acknowledge the best horse in Australasia , something I've been doing non stop since I joined the forum two and a half years ago.

FOOTNOTE.
    Australasia's best pacer not only won his second Auckland Cup at Alexandra Park tonight (Friday March 8) but Themightyquinn absolutely annihilated his 12 harness racing opponents in the prestigious $250,000 Group One feature.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 03-09-2013 at 09:55 AM. Reason: added info

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    ITMQ can do the impossible. The horse was just about on the outside fence in last position at the start with junior really trying to reign him into the running line after 300 metres. In the meantime the horses upfront were a mile in front of him including TTL, then got a cart up behind Fly Like an Eagle, sat in the breeze at the 700 metre mark and then stormed away from them. TTL a good thing beaten?- I don't think so. Every horse gets their chance over 2700 metres and no doubt Quinny
    has got a lot of drivers running scared, and lets face it, there was still daylight between ITMQ and TTL at the finish. Glad to see a lot of members coming out from under their rocks to acknowledge the best horse in Australasia , something I've been doing non stop since I joined the forum two and a half years ago.
    Geez Rod!! he"s such a lucky horse,he gets all the lucky runs,and they run so slow everytime he has to race the best.He is only good on the small Perth track and very very lucky there too.Oh but the opposition there are nearly as weak as everywhere else as well tho.Good onya Rod sticken to your truth about the champ.

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    At the end of the day circumstances forced Quinnie and Hall out of their comfort zone and they still brained them.
    Last edited by teecee; 03-09-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Now that was good.
    I think Jnr would've been very nervous going forward so early tho, it was only because at the 1600 when The Gold Ace got the lead and put the brakes on so his stablemate could go around him again to regain the lead, that a chain reaction caused some trouble and Quinn got pushed out 3 wide, from there He couldn't really go backwards, so he went forward and ended up in the death at bell. Luckily also it was a slowish race, 4 seconds slower than when he won this in 2011. With a mile rate of 1:59.6 this year vs 1:57.6. That was tho the best I have seen him race.
    Was that the worst drive by Ricky May in Aus NZ this year, handing up to a $39 chance who is stablemate of Gold Ace?!!!
    I do believe he would've won if he didn't have to give Quinn 6-8 lengths at the top of the straight cos he made up a lot of ground the last furlong, good thing beaten, no disrespect to Quinn he ran super.
    Geez Ash give it a rest. They could of gone another lap and Terror To Leave isn't finishing any closer. Quinny is a great stayer.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I didn't think IMTQ could win the inter or the auckland cup. I just want to say that I was wrong . Please destroy this post after you read it .
    Gutwagon.
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread