Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Quinny

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    More questions sorry. The name TheMightyQuinn comes from?? Can't be the song? Song about an eskimo. Gets cold in NZ but not that cold? There a full sister 3yo am told too. Called TheMighty..sumfin. 2yo Nadal the tennis star. Quinn??? Young Quinn??
    He was named in reference to Brian "Snow" Quinn,a champion NZ Shearer.
    Last edited by teecee; 03-12-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Hey Paul....
    Is that your inquisitive son asking all these questions again. Is he or you a Denzel Washington fan???
    Being by Washington VC I suspected but didn't know for sure so I asked a local man here who should know...his breeder Dave Kennedy.

To set the record straight I phoned the breeder Dave Kennedy and then e.mailed the man who bought him originally from Dave as a weanling, Richard Aubrey who onsold him to Peter Bagrie his original racing trainer prior to his on sale to one G Hall Snr. The rest is history as they say.
    Below is what I found out.....
    (E.mail copied...)

Greetings…

I am trying to settle point of discussion.

I have spoken to Dave Kennedy (breeder) who tells me that itwas you, not him who named the great horse THEMIGHTYQUINN.

Can you please tell me how he came to be so named?

Cheers
    Tony Cahill

HiAnthony

Thanksfor your message It will be good to clear this up I've heard the storymisreported
    A number of times.We purchased tmq at a mixed stock sale in Christchurch Wewanted to call him Denzel Washington but that name was taken so we looked upthe names of the movies he had starred in Themightyquinn stood out to me as myearly recollections of trotting were seeing Young Quinn racing he wasalso referred to as Themightyquinn.so that's what we went with the rest ishistory

Hopethis answers your question
    Regards Richard

http://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gas/wa/r/i...earch&Arg=TRUE
    This link shows the breeding record of his dam...Love Sign.
    Last edited by teecee; 03-12-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Big K View Post
    He was named in reference to Brian "Snow" Quinn,a champion NZ Shearer.
    To save any confusion, Young Quinn is the horse named after champ shearer Brian Quinn.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Hey Paul....
    Is that your inquisitive son asking all these questions again. Is he or you a Denzel Washington fan???
    Being by Washington VC I suspected but didn't know for sure so I asked a local man here who should know...his breeder Dave Kennedy.

To set the record straight I phoned the breeder Dave Kennedy and then e.mailed the man who bought him originally from Dave as a weanling, Richard Aubrey who onsold him to Peter Bagrie his original racing trainer prior to his on sale to one G Hall Snr. The rest is history as they say.
    Gday Tony

Yep that be him asking the questions again! They don't stop!

Thanks for your help!! Muchly appreciated.

Cheers

Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    More questions sorry. The name TheMightyQuinn comes from?? Can't be the song? Song about an eskimo. Gets cold in NZ but not that cold? There a full sister 3yo am told too. Called TheMighty..sumfin. 2yo Nadal the tennis star. Quinn??? Young Quinn??
    Hey Paul
    Themighty...sumfin is called Themightykendall. She is retained by Dave Kennedy (breeder).
    She lines up tomorrow here at Winton NZ in a qualifying trial. Her First try.
    She won a learners workout just last Saturday at Invercargill..running 2200m mobile 3:04.00 ..59.0..28.4. Time is not really relevant here as learners heats are for education and times restrictions are set for these so you can't go too fast.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Hey Paul
    Themighty...sumfin is called Themightykendall. She is retained by Dave Kennedy (breeder).
    She lines up tomorrow here at Winton NZ in a qualifying trial. Her First try.
    She won a learners workout just last Saturday at Invercargill..running 2200m mobile 3:04.00 ..59.0..28.4. Time is not really relevant here as learners heats are for education and times restrictions are set for these so you can't go too fast.
    There is also Themightynadal according to HRA website.

Edit: And thanks for the answer to Paul's questions.

Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    [QUOTE=aussiebreno;26308]There is also Themightynadal according to HRA website.

Yeah Snr bought him from last year's Chch Premier Sales. NZ $65k
    He was sold as a rig. Don't know what they have done with him.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    [QUOTE=aussiebreno;26286]Does anybody know who has won the most Grand Circuit races ever?

Seems we forgot about the little grey fella Brycey...
    http://www.harness.org.au/hra/featur...1_winnersp.htm

aussiebreno
    [QUOTE=Maorisidol;26319]
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Does anybody know who has won the most Grand Circuit races ever?

Seems we forgot about the little grey fella Brycey...
    http://www.harness.org.au/hra/featur...1_winnersp.htm
    Group 1 and Grand Circuit races are two different things.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    [QUOTE=aussiebreno;26320]
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Group 1 and Grand Circuit races are two different things.
    Correct.
    So if Quinn has 9 in Australia and 3 in NZ? =12
    Smoken Up 11 in Australia and New Zealand Free-For-All (Group 1) =12
    Am i missing something or is it 12 all? Did u forget Triggers NZ?
    Have i missed something?

+ Reply to Thread