Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Quinny

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    I notice barely a word has been raised on here in regard to the rematch of TTL and IMTQ tonight in Auckland. I am expecting a different result tonight in the hope TTL gets a better run in transit. Now if he gets the breaks and gets to the front at the right time, then it will take everything plus some for IMTQ to get over the top of him tonight. Racetime 19:40.

Its a quality field and worthy of the $250K prizemoney. TTL $2.60 fixed odds, IMTQ $2.30 fixed odds.

Wonder if Brennos spent all his cash in Fiji yet or if he has saved some for tonight. (Or can he even get on?)
    TTL from the draw should win shouldn't he? Had a small bet the Quinn, happy to let Sundays winnings sit in the bank.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Just read the Harnesslink article on tonights race and they said TTL was a bit disappointing in the ID...I thought it was a great run personally. Connections say they will run the gate and lead regardless. We will probably have an idea of the outcome after the first 400m. I will be backing up on TTL, thinking he may get a soft lead, slow them up and negate the finish of IMTQ. Time will tell tho'...
    I just want to see these two go toe to toe with no excuses in the mix!

Member Gelding Grinder will become famous soon enough Grinder's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dave Solosy
    Occupation
    Grumpy man
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    I notice barely a word has been raised on here in regard to the rematch of TTL and IMTQ tonight in Auckland. I am expecting a different result tonight in the hope TTL gets a better run in transit. Now if he gets the breaks and gets to the front at the right time, then it will take everything plus some for IMTQ to get over the top of him tonight. Racetime 19:40.

Its a quality field and worthy of the $250K prizemoney. TTL $2.60 fixed odds, IMTQ $2.30 fixed odds.

Wonder if Brennos spent all his cash in Fiji yet or if he has saved some for tonight. (Or can he even get on?)
    I started a thread on the Auckland Cup on the NZ forum, but no one has ventured their views yet. Yes, a stretch duel between ITMQ and TTL would be something to savour. I think if TTL has more than two lengths on ITMQ at the top of the stretch then it would take an unprecedented last quarter to catch him. If Quinny has maintained his form from the Inters (and Senior claims he is just as good if not even better since last Sunday!), then we are in for a helluva fast finish. IMO it will take better than 26 secs to peg back TTL.
    However, there may a wild card or two in that pack. Gold Ace, I'm Victorious, perhaps?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    1 131114 Terror To Love1Ft Ricky May Solid Inter-Dominion Grand Final 4th last Sunday. Last years runner-up. Rates.
    2 342131 Easy On The Eye2Ft Peter Ferguson Too fleet-of-foot for his rivals last Friday. Place, Trifecta & First4 prospect.
    3 620127 Pembrook Benny3Ft Zac Butcher(J) Found the line well last week. Placed in last two Auckland Cups. Can place again
    4 521210 Tyler Maguire4Ft Gene Robb Didn't flatter in last appearance. Mutliple Grass Cups wnr this summer. Outsider
    5 375316 Fly Like An Eagle5Ft Mark Purdon Fought well after doing plenty of work last Friday. Cover in combination bets.
    6 357106 Highview Tommy6Ft Blair Orange Back to NZ after mixed Australian performances. He'll be at lucrative money.
    7 222258 Sleepy Tripp7Ft Dexter Dunn Adequate attempt from this draw last week. Requires luck from draw. Roughie.
    8 412211 Themightyquinn8Ft Gary Hal lSuperb 3rd straight Inter-Dominion Final win last Sunday. 2011 winner. Top pick.
    ---------------------------- Second Line ----------------------------
    9 653322 Jarcullembra9Ft David Butcher Tried hard in last Fridays defeat. Drawn to receive a cosy trip. Knock-out hope.
    10 882314 Franco Ledger10Ft Hamish Hunter Game effort after working hard last week. Races well over the longer trips. E/W.
    11 271117 Victorious11Ft Justin Prentice Quality Australian raider. 7th in Chariots Of Fire last Sunday. Don't discount.
    12 121112 Mah Sish12Ft
    13 019123 Gold Ace13Ft Tony Herlihy Third in Inter heat 16Feb. Bold 2nd 25Jan. Waikato Mile & NZ FFA wnr. Can win.
    14 111115 Bettor Cover Lover14FtBrent MangosReturns to NZ after running well in Ladyship Mile last Sunday. Combos include.
    15 X62123 Lets Elope15Ft
    Last edited by teecee; 03-08-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Junior Member Weanling terror will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    quin clark
    What a auckland cup win by itmq went early, sat park then gary hit the turbo button

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Thats how you win a Group 1. Gary Hall Jnr took the race by the scruff of the neck and put it beyond doubt on the corner. Great horse great win.

NOW CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT RICKY MAY WAS DOING ON TTL???? Yes Danno the riders in the stand are at it again...asking questions.

Did he realise there was a race on? Protecting your horse is one thing, denying it any realistic opportunity is a little bit different. After all Im Themightyquin was in the same race and being driven like a good thing.

Real Name
    Dave Solosy
    Occupation
    Grumpy man
    Quote Originally Posted by terror View Post
    What a auckland cup win by itmq went early, sat park then gary hit the turbo button
    Just watched it. Sheer brilliance again. Junior said that Quinny turned off half way down the straight. He sat in the breeze from the bell and still had plenty of punch when it counted. My heart is still pounding...so exciting to watch this little horse.

Real Name
    Dave Solosy
    Occupation
    Grumpy man
    Junior just said on Sky Racing that Quinny would be going to the Miracle Mile, provided the he has pulled up well after tonight's big race. He did concede that it was actually Senior's decision whether or not to travel again to Menangle for the MM. Fingers crossed.

Junior Member Weanling terror will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    quin clark
    I think i miss the whole race by getting to over excited... and then i saw terror to love storming home,

Junior Member Foal Quinnies mate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Radford
    G'day all, first post for me.
    Just about to have dinner with one of Quinnies owners. Always a good time but after Sunday and todays win it might be a big one tonight.

+ Reply to Thread