Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who are the gun four year olds in North America this year?

Member Gelding Grinder will become famous soon enough Grinder's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dave Solosy
    Occupation
    Grumpy man

Who are the gun four year olds in North America this year?

Which four years will be the challengers to Golden Receiver, Foiled Again and the other FFA campaigners this year?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    4yos? Heston Blue Chip's a chance, Thinking Out Loud, A Rocknroll Dance & Bolt The Duer maybe? The horse that I expect to come back and towel up the FFA ranks is a 5yo, Betterthancheddar. They'll all struggle to beat him if he comes back at the top of his game.

Real Name
    Dave Solosy
    Occupation
    Grumpy man
    Sweet Lou is in training for the Burke Stable. Agree about Betterthancheddar. Had some spectacular form last year.

Real Name
    Dave Solosy
    Occupation
    Grumpy man
    And Warrawee Needy is qualifying handily at the moment. Panther Hanover (1:47.2 at 3yo) is training up, too I have read.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    Sweet Lou is in training for the Burke Stable. Agree about Betterthancheddar. Had some spectacular form last year.

[VVV] I really like Sweet Lou, he was such an outstanding 2yo, wicked fast and I think he has a lot to offer bloodlines wise, he's bred a bit left of centre as compared to so many of his contemporaries. Must have had issues at 3yrs, I expected him to carry all before him but he didn't fire like I thought he would. Hope he comes back at the top of his game as a 4yo. I just can't see any of them knocking over Betterthancheddar.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    And Warrawee Needy is qualifying handily at the moment. Panther Hanover (1:47.2 at 3yo) is training up, too I have read.
    [VVV] At this stage I'm just a bit dubious about Warrawee Needy...not sure that he will be able to step up and go with the big boys on an open stage. Don't know much about Panther Hanover at all.

Real Name
    Dave Solosy
    Occupation
    Grumpy man
    Panther Hanover ran down Hurrikane Kincolelast year in the New Jersey Classic reaching the 3/4 in a record 1:18 2/5. They got to the half in a shade over 52. See http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=99583

Real Name
    Dave Solosy
    Occupation
    Grumpy man
    Panther Hanover also impressively won the Simcoe at Mohawk http://www.harnessracingupdate.com/r.../hru090912.pdf

Real Name
    Dave Solosy
    Occupation
    Grumpy man
    I believe Michael's Power, the 2012 LBJ victor, is racing this year, too. Seems that plenty of last year's top 3yo's are being set for the 4yo and aged careers. A welcome change of the trend for the North Americans.
    There will be plenty of good aged racing to savour in 2013.

Real Name
    Dave Solosy
    Occupation
    Grumpy man
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    [VVV] At this stage I'm just a bit dubious about Warrawee Needy...not sure that he will be able to step up and go with the big boys on an open stage. Don't know much about Panther Hanover at all.
    Warrawee Needy got pipped on the line at the Big M on Saturday night. He went 1:48.3. Excellent first up effort.

+ Reply to Thread