Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Great Southern Star

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

Great Southern Star

Seems like this race is slowly fading in what we expected its brilliance to be a month or so ago.
    We have lost I Can Doosit
    Stig has had 2 below par races at Menangle and now at Melton...what's connections of him thinking at this point?
    The European fella has also had 2 runs for 2 gallops, was going to lead last night but galloped which was a shame cos we may have seen what he could've done when leading over the short trip, knowing he was a fast beginner from the mobile I had some dollars on him fixed at $31...
    After a promising start first up a few weeks ago, Sundons Gifts last couple have been more than ordinary, 1/1 last night finished 27m from winner, is retirement imminent again?
    Hopefully all these guys can lift and be on their best behavior if they actually accept for the race!
    Awesome run last night buy of course the winner, new track record to Vulcan, and massive run by Elegant Image who lost at least 40m at the start, hugged the pegs and slipped into 3rd!
    Will b a great day with all Squaregaiters races 23 March at Melton.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Update...
    Sundons Gift officially retired as of today Monday, according to Chris Lang on In The Gig tonite.
    Well done old fella, but as Chris said, he didn't really wanna b there any more and it showed in his last couple of starts.

Stigs trainer has admitted he has "played with his shoeing" before he came across and declares he has now remedied the problem. Hopefully. would b a shame for him not to perform at his best here. Gets his chance this weekend in Australian Trotting Grand Prix. Looks like a great field with I Didn't Do It, Sovereignty, Mister Zion, Elegant Image, Vulcan etc

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Well Ash, the in-form horse did the job. Stig...BRAVE! Elegant Image did some hard yards, but he didn't get left. What did you think?

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Well Ash, the in-form horse did the job. Stig...BRAVE! Elegant Image did some hard yards, but he didn't get left. What did you think?
    Quite right Brad, Vulcan in top form great drive, his sprint was too good. Good word for Stig...brave, great to see him fulfilling what he can really do. Haven't heard/read trainers critique of the run, but has to b way happier than last 2 runs! Hopefully can improve again for next week, I'm sure he should.
    Tough run Elegant Image 3 wide last 1300 and yes battled on well without capitulating, stay with him.
    Soverignty didn't get a run at them, has more to offer.
    And I loved the run of My High Expectations in this class, which is only his 2nd attempt. Totally on the way up this bloke, amazing what D.Aiken is doing with his trotters at the moment! Great job.
    Fiery Ginga disappointing having had the sit.
    I Didn't Do It back to pulling hard and may have cost him a length or 2, thought he would've held on a bit more.
    Sad to see Mister Zion race like that again, very rough last 800 then galloped no reason at 200 like he did at Menangle gotta be something wrong there, will be Havin a big spell after Great Southern i reckon if he actually races in it!

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    The full draws for each Pryde's EasiFeed Great Southern Star qualifier are as follows:
    1. Earl Of Mot
    2. Elegant Image
    3. Bellingham
    4. Keystone Del
    5. Chuck Wagon (Em1)
    6. Cold Sister
    7. Aldebaran Shades
    8. Kasyanov
    -----------------------------------------
    9. Stig
    10. Ridgehead Cahore
    11. Dreamit
    And:
    1. Aleppo Sunrise
    2. Chuck Wagon (Em1)
    3. Double Bundy
    4. Motu Young Jacob
    5. Neville Vaughan
    6. Sovereignty
    7. The Fiery Ginga
    --------------------------------------------
    8. My High Expectations
    9. Our Dolly Would
    10. I Didn't Do It
    11. Vulcan

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Geez, there are some horses in those heats that flat out don't belong.

Over that short a trip they should of had 8 off the front, first 4 from both heats make the final.

Bellingham, Chuck Wagon, Ridgehead Cahore, Dreamit, Double Bundy, Motu Young Jacob, Neville Vaughan and Our Dolly Would are stocking fillers.

The best trotter in Australia won at the Gold Coast last Friday off 60m winning by 30+ rating 2.01 for a 2600m SS. He should be there.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    and the push for Dreamit, are you kidding me ?

He beat Vulcan via a 40m start rating 2.02+ around Menangle before beating the mighty Armed Guard by 5m in a tic under 2.01 last Friday. In Armed Guard's previous 8 runs, no better than 7th.

From a punting perspective, it's a below par meeting. They won't hold two bob for a feature night.

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    You are not serious. How can anyone take trotting in Queensland seriously. Not one trotter of grand circut quality. The horse has never tested himself against the best yet you rate him the best trotter in Australia.
    UNBELIVABLE

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Fully expect to get shot down in flames here but the bulk of the 'elite herd' at present are going pretty ordinary at the moment. I Can Doosit not being there is a huge let down for the series. Vulcan on a good day wouldn't get near him and he is the horse of the hour by default. Elegant Image is fast becoming an enigma, Mister Zion should be going around at Flemington. The Stig showed a bit more the other night but if I get on him, the impending feeling of doom decends again. Bob, I will grant you Supper Waltz has talent, its his brain that lets him down tooooo often.

The two qualifiers will allow the lesser lights an opportunity to show their wares if anything. Vulcan for mine again though.

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Heat 1.
    I think we have 4 horses here. Earl of Mot, elegant Image, Keystone Del and Stig.
    EOM racing really well, will b handy throughout, whoever leads between the front horses will b very hard to roll. Elegant Image ran a super race when 3rd 2 weeks ago making up huge ground so if he can stay up front will be hard to pass.
    Keystone Del ran super fast time 2 starts back, if he leads who can run faster than that especially if coming from behind?Stig follows EI thru at the start, so should settle close and gets his chance to claim first Aussie win. Dream It has been great but led both times and had it easy, will b hard pressed from outside second row over this trip, this will tell us how good he could b.
    Heat 2
    Well who will lead? Aleppo Sunrise can get out ok but Double Bundy crossed him easy at Menangle at one point he is a fast mobile beginner, will he then hand up to Sovereignty who comes out quick and or could the Ginga cross them all???
    I reckon Double Bundy will hand up to Soverignty with Ginga in death who will capitulate from the 400. At this point I Didn't Do It will be leading up the 3 wide train with Vulcan glued to his back and it will b a very exciting last 300...
    If by chance Aleppo leads and My High Expectations gets the sprint lane we could see him take his biggest step up in his rise into this class, we will see lots from him soon at this level.

+ Reply to Thread