Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Great Southern Star

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Great nights Squaregaiting.
    Great Southern Star great success, exciting being there with the heats and then Final a few hours later. Amazing animals to run about 1:57 in heats then come out later and go even quicker.
    Vulcan, on fire, actually unbeatable his last 400 in both races, and in final had the audacity to lead up 3 wide train from just after the bell and brained them. A pity Stig gallopped no doubt, and at least good to see Ridgehead showed us something in heat, but couldnt keep up with Vulcan after sitting on his back from the bell in final.
    For me as indicated in my above post, My High Expectations is Australias next up and commer absolutely going places, 2 top runs from virtually last in heat and final, awesome. They were lucky he wasnt up front. D Aiken is also absolutely flying. I must say he is totally challenging Chris Lang as our top trotting conditioner! Look what he has done with Brylin Crescent as well as MHE, not to mention his 3, 3yo fillies.
    Cant wait to see Blitzthemcalder go to NZ next week, that will be great to watch, now theres the I Can Doosit of 1-2 years time!!!
    Thanks everyone for putting this night on with the Breed For Speed finals and the Monte too, am a fan of the trotters! (hence Maorisidol!)

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Great to see an Aussie age group trotter come to NZ. Obviously very talented but he will need to be. Both Royal Aspirations (1.56.5- 2yr) and Habiti (1.57.7 1950m) are both racing in peak form and several others are not to far behind. Great to see and if I am back in NZ in time I will be there for sure

aussiebreno
    Great runs Vulcan.
    My High Expectations one for the future as Ash said.

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    I read on twitter today that Ridgehead Cahore maybe be staying & purchased by local interests. Anyone know who?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    I heard similar, but then later heard that he is not for sale but will be staying here. Decision on trainer in the next week

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Great we have a far greater depth here in 2014 than last year!
    Stent lookin hot at the moment with many others racing very well and some almost racing above themselves which is a great thing.
    Heat 1.
    Without goin to visit HRNZ to trowl thru replays who knows how fast Stent comes out of the gate? Will he hold from the pole? Aleppo Midas gets out quite ok, Blitz of course will be slow out unfortunately, but Cyclone Jake is a very fast mobile beginner as is Cold Sister. Not knowing Stents speed i predict Cyclone will lead and may try lead all the way, having said that if Aleppo is crossed by Cyclone after she has crossed Blitz and Stent, she won't wanna be left in death seat so a push to lead could be on. Nice heat. Then how much will big Blitz get involved once he gets balanced and Chris gets him moving forward to qualify?

Heat 2.
    Well the 2 fastest Race Mile record holders line up here with same as last week, Flying Isa to lead and Keystone Del has to end up in death seat. However last years revelation My High Expectations HAS to go forward but will Keystone allow him to the chair? i think he has to, however they are all just looking to qualify here so some restraint should prevail. Elegant Image will find it tough from wide barrier over the sprint.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Stent can get out pretty quick Ash but IMO it's a bad draw he's come up with. I'm 90% sure he could hold the lead early if they want, but the problem as I see it, is after the early burn to hold out Jake & Cold Sister then along comes AMidas who always goes keen. I'd imagine DeFilippi then takes the sit on her. It does look as though the race will be run to suit Blitz but I just can't forget the shellacking he copped at the hands of Midas a few weeks back. Quinella Stent & Midas for me.
    2nd heat also intriguing as u point out. 5 of the 6 horses outside Isa are all go forward horses so exactly where Del ends up is a mystery.
    Should be a good nights trotting.

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Stent can really leave the gate if he has to. Could have lead at Menangle but handed up early which cost him the race. In media over here saying he won't hand up as he could end up missing the final if he didn't get clear.. Shame about the defection of most of Nz leading trotters but love the concept and hope it prospers.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think that in Race 5 Candy Digger from the pole has been set for this - it has only been 113 starts since she last won It just goes to show we are not exclusive in Harness Racing. This race is even the first leg of the double and quaddie on Trotting's big night

She is another of Brian Kiesey's scheduled to have her 233 start. The 9yo might have trouble finding the line but she knows how to run a place with a record 232-6-43, including 6 placings this season and last.

Candy's stats caught my eye at Stawell today where she ran 4th behind Keystone Blues who was having his 212th start for Graeme Whittle and has now won over $86k. The 10yo now has a 212-13-41 record. Gee we have some incredible warhorses
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Well done Keystone Del, super win. Super drive & trained to perfection.
    Congratulations to everyone involved.

+ Reply to Thread