Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anyone coming to the Sydney APG Sale?

nat
    Hi Mango

Lot 499 was he really black with grey fleck through his coat (no pic on net) those at the Lombo sale were nice types and if they were by and American sire would had sold through the roof on looks alone

triplev123
    Those were interesting choices Mango.
    The Colt looked NOTHING like a Jet Laag. He was an absolute dead ringer for the progeny of his damsire, Die Laughing, even had the same markings.
    The Filly was well made but I thought a bit on the small side. As usual Blanche did a superb job of prepping & presenting.
    From the fillies, I took a shine to one of the early lots tomorrow, 378, a Dream Away from a Walton Hanover mare named Mayflower Miss, offered by Yirribee. Also liked another Dream Away filly, 424, from a Northern Lights mare, Shelley Lombo. Always liked that immediate family, they all seem to have high speed. Did not look at the colts.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    No need to look at the colts Triple as you and me both prefer to race fillies.

Hi Nat
    The Pocket Watch colt was black with no grey in him last time i seen him.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    If anyone hears of any results through out today feel free to post them as i had to work and couldn't get to the sale's.

triplev123
    I'll get the results through to you at some point soon Mango.
    Have to sit down and type them all out.
    We sold the FSS/Talilia colt, Lot 440, for 31k. Happy enough with that.
    He looked great, very proud of him, turned out exactly how I hoped he would back when we first bred the mare. Has gone to Mal Whiteford down in VIC. Very nice fella. Barry Lew & Mick Siejka the under-bidders. VERY happy they all saw in him what I did.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Tripple
    Don't worry about writing them out they'll be on the computer today, it will be interesting to see the wash up from this sale and to see if the APG can put there usual spin on things. By the sound of it if you have a filly you might as well just keep it to race.

Member Filly BenScadden will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    Hey guys,

I managed to make my way to Sydney and enjoyed the couple of days there.

I didn't pay much heed to the prizes given on parade day. Apparently the horses weren't supposed to be judged on conformation ... it was all about presentation. So I guess if you plaited their manes and sprayed some glitter over them, you were a certainty to take home the ribbon. Seems a very unusual criteria to me ... but I guess everyone should judge for themselves, anyway.

My mate ended up taking home an American Ideal filly. We looked at lots and narrowed it down to her and a Jeremes Jet filly, with the American Ideal filly the first choice. I loved her ... thought she looked just like I'd want an American Ideal filly to look ... plenty of depth, length and a nice size. Time will tell, as always.

triplev123
    All sold now Mango. It wasn't the way I'd have preferred to do so but it is what it is.
    It was a bit surprising to me just how many people there were out and about and scouting around for horses AFTER they had gone through the ring. I guess it's no different to houses being purchased a few days after they're passed in at auction. Never noticed it at a horse sale before, never really had cause to do so though. All's well that ends well.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Better to be sold then have to take them home and your dad can breathe a bit easier at home now lol.

triplev123
    Yeh, that's a line drawn under the season and on with the next.
    For someone who's not all that fussed about horses credit where it's due, Mum's very understanding with Dad because she knows we have a shared interest with him but she also likes to see Dad & my brother & I trying as much as possible to keep it on a business-like basis. Mum's always a seller too, pitch her a price and if she can make it work she sells. Very practical. Sell and repent but always sell and it kept going through my head all day yesterday.
    I don't mind saying I shed a tear or two when our colt sold. I always thought that he would go well... but it was still a HUGE relief to see him actually do so. A few more lessons were learned yesterday & with some fine tuning we'll be back again next season.

+ Reply to Thread