Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: They'll break 1:50 at Melton tonight if...

triplev123

They'll break 1:50 at Melton tonight if...

...they're all riding Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300's.

Honestly, who came up with that Poll on the National Website?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    It would be one way to see the track first hand.

nat
    IMO these time are achievable at this track but in order to do this a very American style of race would have to occur and I don't know how this would be received in looking like a boat race. Possibly more like mid 51's to low 52's with top horses and with these horses mid 52's to low 53's

I hope I am wrong as I love to see good times

aussiebreno
    The pole is only capable of 1.53.5 and he is the 3rd best in the race IMO. The Gunstar and Georgetown will run him down, but I doubt they will break 1.53. I actually went the 1.54-1.55 option earlier in the week but on 2nd thought believe it will be 1.53-1.53.5 and on the facebook challenge thing I put 1.52.2 I think.

triplev123
    Yeh, I love the quick miles too but I just can't follow the line of thinking behind that sort of thing as a 'promo' effort, especially when the Track Record is currently 1:52.5 (Villagem, Nov, 2010). It leaves me a bit cold and ultimately when they go out and get nowhere near the quickest end of the scale it just looks ordinary, at least to me it does anywhere. The fastest any of the competitors in that race have ever gone in Australia is 1:52.3 (The Gunstar at Menangle). It says on the BMR's on the form guide that Coastal has paced in 1:50.6 but it must be an error because to my knowledge he hasn't gone under 1:54. For the sake of a comparison, the current World Record for a 5/8th mile track is 1:48.0 and it is held jointly by Artistic Fella (in 2008) & Mr. Big (in 2009) & both were at Chester, Pa.

nat
    Good on ya Lance the only one who wanted to race Coastal was the best miler in the race and he drove him like he stole him I honestly dont know what the others were doing sitting back waiting, for what?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Lance sure did drive Coastal like he stole him and it was great to watch, one thing's for sure Lance won't die wundering.

buster
    how on earth could anyone go forward with that tempo nat? these aren't superstars

nat
    Point taken Buster (Coastal is a nice horse though) but IMO they were all waiting for the last 600 and by then it was all over not even a move in the second quarter? the only horse I would give a break is Georgetown sitting in the death. Maybe I am a little bit hard on them but I am with Triplev123 in that so often in these races they turn out a non event as everyone sits back waiting for somone else to do the work this time they were hood winked by Lance.

Junior Member Yearling Ziggy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Amanda Branch
    They were all waiting for Coastal to fall in a hole, but it just wasn't going to happen rated to perfection. Lance left plenty in his tank for the home straight. Top Run and a nice track record just another day out.

+ Reply to Thread