Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Has There Been A Death In The Family?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    The finer details of a broodmare credit scheme would need to be worked out. There are all sorts of things that can or cant be done. However, based on what Im hearing on the street, not all are in favour of a national scheme. It appears the various states all have different ideas(surprise, surprise) on how to best use any funds. Some want a broodmare scheme, some want to extra win bonuses, some want to create new race series for fillies/mares.

My philosophy in all of this has been that the current system is not working and so we need change. Is the changes we recommended going to turnaround the breeding industry? I hope it may be a start, but I would rather have tried and got it wrong, rather than not try at all.

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    The increased import fee is nothing more than a redistribution tax which penalises those who have found a successful way to make a profit. HRA have recognised this and in turn chosen the easy option to increase the fee rather than deal with the root cause. It is also embarrassing & poor leadership to make such a significant change without even providing a sufficient level of transparency as to how the funds will be redistributed. Not good enough.

Brad, In regards to some of the forums more regular contributors missing in action, I ran into Jaimie at the Sydney APG sale and he mentioned to me on the quiet that he & Dot had struck up a new found friendship & spent most of their spare time going for Gelato on Norton St! Maybe they no longer have time to post????

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Lol Mitch, I hope Mrs VVV is oblivious to this 'too weird to be true' tryst.

Good to see your bloke break back in to the winners circle at Newcastle the other week Mitch. Probably not what you were aiming for, but a wins a win. Has Muscat found the key to him?

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Thanks Brad.

He has pretty much had to learn how to be a racehorse again. Everything he did as a 2yo was on raw ability. The worst thing that happened was him winning his first trial back because it sucked us in to thinking he might come back pretty good. We soon learnt that wasn't the case & that the horse wasn't up to Menangle class. Michael is placing him really well and has him fit & happy. Its just a great thrill to have him back at the races.

+ Reply to Thread