Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bathurst Gold Tiara Final- exactly what do you have to do....

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Angry Bathurst Gold Tiara Final- exactly what do you have to do....

...to be set back/taken down here in NSW?
    The Driver of the filly that finished 2nd gets charged with careless, reckless, intimidatory driving & scores 4 weeks & a $600 fine...but he gets to keep the 2nd place & the $ that goes with it...whilst the horse he took out, the $2.10 fav, finishes close on 50m last & connections get sweet FA for their efforts despite nonetheless being on the side of the Angels. WTF????
    Is it going to take someone or some horse or both to be put on the deck & severely injured or God forbid, killed before someone in Regulatory Officialdom Land grows a set of Cajones & starts setting back/taking down these & other such drives? A 4 week holiday & a $600 fine is no deterrent .

Member Yearling HarnessFan will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jeroen Nieuwenburg
    Horses
    Hokonui Ben Dartmoor Countess Jill
    Hi Jaimie,

I support the introduction of the relegation rule.
    When Greg Hayes was ridiculed on "In The Gig", I considered it disgraceful ignorance.
    The people that hate the concept of relegation are concerned for the punters.
    I however believe that the same punters will have ups and downs and accept the rule as common sense - every race has a winner.

Too little discussion was allowed to actually assess the potential reduction in interference.

I believe that the amount of interference will reduce significantly with a relegation rule.

As an owner, I have had horses careers seriously impacted by idiots that get only 4 weeks.
    Jeroen

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Whilst I agree this incident looked very crook, and like many others I have had horses ruined by "imbeciles with a licence", relegation, IMO should be an option available to stewards when foul driving has been found proven.
    In an incident where for example a horse has contributed significantly to the outcome, or where mitigating circumstances have hampered the driver, I reckon relegation may not be the most appropriate action.

I have only had the chance to view this incident on the internet replay and the lack of a head on etc make it hard for me to form a firm opinion whether the horse contributed or not and the stewards report is not up yet either, however the charge itself lends one to think the horse may not have had anything to do with it, but as I stated it looked very crook and getting pole axed in a race like that when you are clearly going to play a part in the finish is a bitter to pill to swallow for anyone, I hope the filly has taken no harm from it, for if she has that would compound the frustration manifold.

Dan

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    ...to be set back/taken down here in NSW?
    The Driver of the filly that finished 2nd gets charged with careless, reckless, intimidatory driving & scores 4 weeks & a $600 fine...but he gets to keep the 2nd place & the $ that goes with it...whilst the horse he took out, the $2.10 fav, finishes close on 50m last & connections get sweet FA for their efforts despite nonetheless being on the side of the Angels. WTF????
    Is it going to take someone or some horse or both to be put on the deck & severely injured or God forbid, killed before someone in Regulatory Officialdom Land grows a set of Cajones & starts setting back/taking down these & other such drives? A 4 week holiday & a $600 fine is no deterrent .
    Check out the C&G Gold Crown final too. Going into first turn. That driver got 6 weeks, no fine and again they keep the 2nd prize money. The horse he took out didn't complete the course.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Check out the C&G Gold Crown final too. Going into first turn. That driver got 6 weeks, no fine and again they keep the 2nd prize money. The horse he took out didn't complete the course.
    I wonder how things could change if by somehow with a blatant offence like in these 2 instances particularly where a driver has copped a harsh penalty that the owners of the poleaxed horse could sue the offending driver? Could open a big can of worms of course...could also change some behaviour?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    I wonder how things could change if by somehow with a blatant offence like in these 2 instances particularly where a driver has copped a harsh penalty that the owners of the poleaxed horse could sue the offending driver? Could open a big can of worms of course...could also change some behaviour?
    Is it a harsh penalty though? 6 weeks. In last 6 weeks that driver had 15-16 drives. Works out to about $1,100 driving fees? 2nd prize in $100k final $20k ? Drivers percentage 5% = $1,000. So "fined" $100.

Horse knocked out of race (based on previous runs) would have gone forward from where it was had it not got skittled. Would have got the front imo. Winner of race would not have got the front as easy as did, if at all.
    Not saying horse skittled wins, but wins or runs 2nd based on previous form (fastest qualifier) and the way race panned out imo.

No stewards report yet but in comments says skittled horse SDVETS so assume sustained an injury too.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Is it a harsh penalty though? 6 weeks. In last 6 weeks that driver had 15-16 drives. Works out to about $1,100 driving fees? 2nd prize in $100k final $20k ? Drivers percentage 5% = $1,000. So "fined" $100.

Horse knocked out of race (based on previous runs) would have gone forward from where it was had it not got skittled. Would have got the front imo. Winner of race would not have got the front as easy as did, if at all.
    Not saying horse skittled wins, but wins or runs 2nd based on previous form (fastest qualifier) and the way race panned out imo.

No stewards report yet but in comments says skittled horse SDVETS so assume sustained an injury too.
    Yeah not harsh at all Paul really. What i guess i was meaning without writing a book on it, was that he was found guilty by stewards, confirming a bad deed was done, hence that can therefore be a green light to potential compensation...and if a horse is injured all vets bills also to be paid by driver!

Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Yeah not harsh at all Paul really. What i guess i was meaning without writing a book on it, was that he was found guilty by stewards, confirming a bad deed was done, hence that can therefore be a green light to potential compensation...and if a horse is injured all vets bills also to be paid by driver!
    I ain't no driver knocker. The opposite actually.

But like you say found guilty by stewards and the wash up just all seems a bit unfair. That's racing I guess.

Senior Member Colt Lethal is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    What do you mean "That's racing I guess" These examples are exactly what it is NOT, it is instead nothing more than a win at all cost attitude which equates directly to foul driving.
    The perpetrators of this type of driving do it purely because they can. They know full well that their indiscretions will attract a punishment the equivalent of a slap over the knuckles with a feather duster.
    We wonder why the punting public have wiped their hands of the sport, well these two incidents are just another nail in what seems to be an ever increasing number of coffins.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    [VVV] Thanks Paul. Missed all of the races Saturday night and have only just watched the replay of the Crown Final. That's a bloody disgrace as well. WTF are the Stewards going to do about this annual dodgem cars routine? It's appalling. Fines and suspensions don't do a God damned thing. Set them back. Relegate them. Take them down. That stings. The rest is just bullshit. Graham's horse gets taken out of play & once again old mate responsible gets to keep the 2nd $. That's crap too.
    Last edited by Triple V; 04-02-2013 at 08:52 PM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread