Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: It's not Sushi Sushi that worries Elizabeth Heath - it's the Kiwis!

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Triple

I hope Sushi Sushi wins but i would not count Major Mark out who will get the run of the race and his last couple of runs have been good so he will be primed for this one, i also think Royal Verdict will be fitter for the hit out last week so i'd put him in my top 3.

triplev123
    If a Sushi Sushi-Royal Verdict-Excel Stride trifecta comes to pass the Kiwi Breeders will be out in their paddocks, self flagellating with knotted leads and birch brooms...for weeks on end.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hey Triple, the key word in your last post is ...........IF. Sushi should win, especially now from the draw. I don't think here in NZ we have a very good crop. Same as our trotters, nothing stamping their mark on the season. So it's a prime time to knock us over.

buster
    i wonder if elizabeth heath is worried about sushi sushi yet?

triplev123
    Liz doesn't get worried about too much Buster. I'm sure her colt will be physically & mentally fit and ready to go and he will be well driven. The rest is up to him.
    Don Corleone, you've thrown me for a loop there. Are you sure that you are a Kiwi? You appear to be too much of a realist. An Australian mother or father perhaps?

Junior Member Weanling threewisemen will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    you are all speaking as if sushi has the derby wrapped up already. anything can happen in these big races. he may have to do a bit of work out of the gate this week and the extra 500m could leave him a sitting a duck coming up the final straight.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Threewisemen

Thats why i think Major Mark will get the run of the race without doing much work which should leave him a kick in the straight.

triplev123
    Maybe...but that Derby Heat win of Sushi's was pretty damned impressive. If anything is a good thing going into a race like that then he is a good thing. He won his Heat in a jog, Greg Sugars went to the line Cigar Store Indian style, he didn't move a muscle. Wait until he pops the question and really asks the horse to put in his best effort. I'm picking that they won't know which way he went. For an example of what I'm talking about here, go to the Oz website and have a look at the way he absolutely took them apart in the VIC Derby Final at Melton, Feb 5th. Unfortunately it doesn't show the HUGE mid-race move he made to get to the front but suffice it to say that very few horses could do what he did that night.

Junior Member Weanling threewisemen will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    agree triplev123 was an impressive run it was just unfortunate the race was over after royal verdict choked down and started dropping out holding up hez matt maguire he lost about 10 meters there and was only beaten by 7 meters just think the race may have been alot closer if that didnt happen .in saying that sushi still had them covered that night

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Liz doesn't get worried about too much Buster. I'm sure her colt will be physically & mentally fit and ready to go and he will be well driven. The rest is up to him.
    Don Corleone, you've thrown me for a loop there. Are you sure that you are a Kiwi? You appear to be too much of a realist. An Australian mother or father perhaps?
    Hey Triple - I am not sure who my father is so more than likely he is Australian !!!!

+ Reply to Thread