Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle Mile 2013

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    It was never going to happen, David Hercules was awesome @ Gloucester Park on Friday night rating 53 in the death over 1700. The week before he was 3 Wide the final circuit rating 54 over 2100.

They've traveled with him a lot, I'm sure he would of come if invited.

This mob have no idea.
    Hi Bob, have to agree with you, I prefer the old invitation only format but on saying that we could have ended up with two duds like Caribbean Blaster and Mah Sish. I reckon that 3009 metre I.D.Final knocked the stuffing out of most of them ( Mach Alert & ITMQ the exceptions ) ; maybe the I.D final and MM have to be some 6 months or more apart. I suppose it's a balancing act but with the' having to show up to qualify' rules and with the poor record of past Cordina Sprint winners
    in the Miracle Mile I see many of the top horses preferring to avoid in the future particularly those from W.A. unless it's an invitation only.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    It was never going to happen, David Hercules was awesome @ Gloucester Park on Friday night rating 53 in the death over 1700. The week before he was 3 Wide the final circuit rating 54 over 2100.

They've traveled with him a lot, I'm sure he would of come if invited.

This mob have no idea.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing Bob, his form prior to this wasn't crash hot I don't believe without looking, and if he was such a hot chance why didn't his owners nominate him for the last 2 weeks at menangle?
    His last 2 runs were his best for a long time from what I have seen, and I don't think even his owners or trainer maybe knew he was going to fly the last 2 weeks in perth otherwise why wouldn't he b there?
    I guess 2 100k races then a MM were not enough of a lure?
    Or maybe they thought he wasn't running well enough to justify the journey against that opposition. So 2 things have happened, the opposition have gone crap and he has had a turnaround!
    That's racing, who would have said 3 weeks ago that Mah Sish and Blaster would go so bad!

Member Gelding Grinder will become famous soon enough Grinder's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dave Solosy
    Occupation
    Grumpy man
    This is a pretty unexciting MM, IMO. Hopefully it will be back to the expected quality when it's held in November and SU, ITMQ and CM are fresh for a new season of racing.

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    The rescheduled timeslot definetly wasnt ideal for the big players but what we are left with is a fairly even field so should still be a good race. I think the barrier draw has made it a little more interesting because if Excel stride would of drawn to lead easy then it would probabaly be game over.

But from the draw he should have to do a bit of work to find the lead and although he should still win i think its going to be a close finish.

Im still hoping Chariot king gets a dream run and can get home for Tappy and although i think Binskins horse ran his final last week hes still a hope from the draw.

Senior Member Colt LisaB25 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lisa Bendotti
    Horses
    Hillview Aussie, Choccy Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing Bob, his form prior to this wasn't crash hot I don't believe without looking, and if he was such a hot chance why didn't his owners nominate him for the last 2 weeks at menangle?
    His last 2 runs were his best for a long time from what I have seen, and I don't think even his owners or trainer maybe knew he was going to fly the last 2 weeks in perth otherwise why wouldn't he b there?
    I guess 2 100k races then a MM were not enough of a lure?
    Or maybe they thought he wasn't running well enough to justify the journey against that opposition. So 2 things have happened, the opposition have gone crap and he has had a turnaround!
    That's racing, who would have said 3 weeks ago that Mah Sish and Blaster would go so bad!
    Agree if the owners and trainer wanted to make the mm should of gone to Sydney. He is one of the few west australians who have performed well over east previously.

His form this prep has been very good 4 wins from the 6 starts and two thirds with last 3 wins all sub 1.55 over both the sprint and 2130 distances, has broken both those distance records this time in.

Junior Member Foal golden balls will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter parker
    Has anyone got the draw for the MM?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    TTL cannot take a trick in these mile race draws, I am sure the connections would be disappointed by the 10 gate no end. The draw for the WHOLE field is a real leveller with all the big guns out wide. I don't do crystal ball stuff, another member has got the mortgage on that, but Excel Stride will just go forward and by the time they reach the back straight, will be in front and controlling the race...and should be winning it. TTL should get cover into the race and if May remembers he is in a race and not day dreaming like he did in NZ, he might get going a bit earlier and flood home. Mach Alert and Gaius Ceasar (who should get a soft run and get out late) for the minors. Best of luck with Baby Bling for Adam. Hmmm...for a bloke who doesn't do crystal balls, guess I just did one!

Member Yearling Toni will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Prescott
    Does anyone know why the emergencies are drawn at the same time?

Just had a quick look at the market on tab.com.au

Excel Stride 2.25/1.19
    Mach Alert 3.20/1.33
    Terror to Love 6.00/1.76
    Gaius Caesar 7.50/2.00
    Chariot King 14.00/3.00
    Mah Sish 17.00/3.46
    Baby Bling 21.00/4.07
    Pure Power 26.00/4.84
    Mach Beauty (em1) 31.00/5.61
    Glengowan (em2) 61.00/10.23

I thought that Excel Stride will launch out of the gates with Mach Alert following him across - from there I have no idea haha. No idea on Pure Power, or what TTL can do from out wide, haven't been following much lately, have been very busy.

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    I had the good fortune of meeting John Tapp at the APG sales this year and tonight I watched the story on him on In The Gig. I must say I am thrilled for him that Chariot King was invited to start. His run in the Newcastle mile was excellent. It is also a just reward for a fantastic ambassador for the sport of harness racing! Best of luck John I'll be cheering for you.

(And for Baby Bling.)

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    So this Miracle Mile was a Heat and Final format ?

Newcaste and the 2 x 100K FFA's this past fortnight.

If that's the case, let's hope they stick a fork in it. It's an abject failure.

They were clearly stuck for worthy aspirants. Surely someone over the Pecan Pie makes the suggestion that they should look elsewhere rather than the last fortnight's also rans ?

Timing wise, it's slim pickings but David Hercules would of added an ounce of X Factor. In fact from Chariot King or Mah Sish' gate he's pushing for favoritism.

& I have one going for plenty so I'm glad he's not there.

+ Reply to Thread