Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Miracle Mile 2013

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I cant remember a year where I havent been waiting in anticipation and expecting something special to be produced from the Miracle Mile. This year is different. There is merely a small amount of hope TTL, and even Mah Sissh, can produce their best and provide us with a race that doesnt resemble a $25,000 FFA. Excel Stride wasnt at his best early in his prep and went down or barely hang on to win a few but McCarthy had him peaking for the ID and again for today. My tip is that he will become a millionaire pacer today.
    If so, then it will be a very well deserved reward for Emilio and his wife. His financial input has been mammoth over the last few years in particular and we would have all been much worse off without him.
    I will be happy if Excel Stride rewards him today.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    This race may not have the " Pin Up" horses involved today but it does contain horses owned by loyal followers of the sport. They incur the same racing costs as the headline horses.......good luck to them.
    Owners get a buzz out of winning a maiden race, so to have a runner in a G1 must be a great feeling. This is an example of the level playing field we have been asking for and should inspire others to get involved.
    Good luck to all owners and safe racing......tell your driver not to leave the track wondering...have a big go. It will be a great race if the final quarter is the slowest.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    I know it has been covered off in this thread but the fact that this Miracle Mile is run 7 weeks after an ID series, out of its normal (November) slot to accomodate building works has really seen what can be described as a new look MM. No out and out superstars presay,though we still have a dual NZ Cup Winner, (albeit out of form) A Hunter Cup Winner, A Group 1 winning Mare, a couple of Derby winners (one of which placed in the ID Final), a two time Group 1 winner.....Of the 8 in the field, 5 were in the ID Final and the others raced on the day..... Given the timing, circumstances etc I don't think it is too bad a field. Sure a few controversial outcomes and disappointing no shows but they will undoubtedly come to TPM in November.....
    Cheers

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    Although the fields not as strong as past years i think its a fairly even field, so it still should be an exciting race just as long as all drivers remember its The Miracle Mile and they go out there and as Bailey said "dont leave the track wondering".
    Just as we have saw Melpark Major vs Smoken up in 2009.
    Blackie vs Smoken Up in 2010,
    and in 2011 we saw a great race with Quinnie and Smoken up go to war early and then the mccarthys came round and Franco Jamar put pressure to Smoken Up.
    Id love to see Baby bling or Chariot King go for an all the way win.
    If they let Excel stride and Mach Alert control the race then Emilio may as well collect the trophy now.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    Sorry Peter. I didn't think I'd need to explain it. Do you think HRNSW would be happy with the quality of the fields assembled for a $750,000, and two $100,000 lead up races? Down here in Victoria, you wouldn't even know the Miracle Mile is on!
    Todays (Sunday) Herald Sun has no mention of Miracle Mile in the form guide. Nothing at all. Papers full of pages and pages of garbage (some stories copied from yesterdays paper) but couldn't fit even a basic list of fields for Menangle. Pretty poor (typical) performance.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Todays (Sunday) Herald Sun has no mention of Miracle Mile in the form guide. Nothing at all. Papers full of pages and pages of garbage (some stories copied from yesterdays paper) but couldn't fit even a basic list of fields for Menangle. Pretty poor (typical) performance.
    Typically for me on a Sunday I had to internally debate between the Sydney or Melbourne paper. Singo and Gai frobt page cameo plus Carltons win swayed me towards the Hun. It doesnt bother me personally but its appalling the fields werent in there.
    Brad mentioned a Mccarthy benefit day. I was to late to get on Corzin Terror but am having a 4 horse parlay. Sixpencd, Grand Stride, Excel Stride, All Eyes on Us. That isnt all his chances either. Could be a big day for them.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Toolhard- I went thru the Sun twice looking for the Menangle fields then I asked the old man if he had taken them out ? I can't believe they are not in there !
    To be fair it does say Menangle Harness is on (page 52). Don't expect the pools to be very big in Victoria today !
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Congrats to all the Owners of Baby Bling. I never expected Mah Sish to hold the death. As Adam mentioned on this site, his mare can put in a big finish.
    There is not many mares with a sub 1.51 to their name......congats again, nice to watch.

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    What a cracking day at Menangle! The sun was shining and the track was on fire. Never thought I would see 2yo's go 1.52.1, Our Sixpence smashed them, Mach Beauty was electric and then little Baby Bling too strong in 1.50 with Terror to Love to huge in second!

Great day.

Congrats to Harvey, Adam and all the owners.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Echoing Mitch, congrats Adam and Harvey. Two weeks ago Adam was just hopeful of getting a run, tonight he basks in MM glory. What a mighty little mare you have Adam and the thrill of a lifetime for you. The McCarthy clan can rightly crow till the sun comes up...what an absolutely dominating day by the family. Twelve months ago we were giving it to Matty Rue for his youthful exuberance costing him, now he sits on top of the dung heap. Has there been a better drive ever in the Mile?

Lots more to come from the day, plenty of controversy to get through. Have to say I am eating crow about Excel Stride today but I am sure there is more to come. What the heck was the story with Gauis Ceasar? Somehow this race always produces a story! This year no different. Thought TTL was pretty good today too.

+ Reply to Thread