Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Big stables less dominant recently?

Member Yearling Bandito will become famous soon enough Bandito's Avatar
    Real Name
    John Banner
    Occupation
    Relaxing
    On 'Super' Sunday the name McCarthy wins 6/10 - 60% (including a Trif in one of the Super races). They finish 2nd in two of the others and 3rd in another - only bombed in 1 race (finishing 4th, 5th and 6th). It AINT Healthy

Member Yearling Diablo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Miller
    Face it. Luke and Belinda Mc are far superior trainers than all others in the State. Maybe you should not bother nominating

Senior Member Colt Lethal is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    Why is it that there is no comment about the driving tactics of Miracle Mile horses, given that they are presently under scrutiny?.
    Is it because of the stable involved?
    Go figure

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Lee, I think if you read the Gaius Caesar thread, you will see it has not been missed, however there is not much anyone can say whilst the inquiry continues.

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=105617

What would you suggest? We all sit back and fling shit willy nilly at the McCarthy stable because it is so obvious to you that they have done something that has breached the rules? If you have got something to say then say it. If you don't then wouldn't you think it more prudent to wait for the outcome of the inquiry which has been adjourned so more evidence may be presented. For mine, there has been a flagrant breach of the COT rules that makes their very existence questionable. The funny thing is if Mach Alert had not adopted the tactics it did, the MM would have been a ho hum affair. In reality the drive changed the complexion of the whole race. Did J Mc adopt the tactics he did in the BEST INTERESTS OF HIS OWN HORSE? Was the 3rd elect in the stable driven in the manner it was because Mat knew of what J Mc was going to do? Who really knew what? I don't pretend to know, nor is it not my place to pass judgement. The stipes are doing their job (now) to get to the bottom of it. What more do you want Lee?

Senior Member Colt Lethal is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Lee Balmer
    Have I missed something, why hasn't this inquiry had it's results published, it,s been a while?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Belinda slugged $1,500

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Have I missed something, why hasn't this inquiry had it's results published, it,s been a while?
    [VVV] Jealousy is a curse Lee.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    I would say that going through life with only the one eye would be a not only a massive disadvantage in trying to compete with your peers/contempories to the point where it could well be descibed as "a curse".
    It also appears that there are many who suffer this disability unbeknowingly.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Don't be so hard on yourself Dan.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    If only your Mum could have bought you a mirror Jamie, your world might look so different!

+ Reply to Thread