Thread: Best value "budget" sires under $2500

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    anyone had much to do with IT IS I progeny?...I got a filly by him & she is super nice..easily qualified 1st pop with a limited prep

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Hi Dallas,
    I don't know the exact amount but I was told it was over 100.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Artistic Fella on a bit of a roll right now. Pretty solid sort of a debut given the quality & number of mares he got for his initial AUS crop.

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    he sure is mate...i really liked him as a race horse,one of my fav's

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    I have an Artistic Fella 2yr old gelding that has amazing amounts of stamina. He's a solid bugger and I think he might go okay when the penny drops. Lot to like about Artistic Fella, he's a magnificent specimen in the flesh. Dropped into Empire a while back and he's very light on his feet for a big boy.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 05-17-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Gotta Go Cullect

Pretty good value at around $2000
    I have 2 fillies, a yearling and a baby from 2 different mares and they have plenty of room between their front legs and have lovely rounded rear ends.

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    GOTTA GO COLLECT--- First crop of 2yr olds in Nz this year. 125 2yr olds for 1 winner to date. Not a great beginning. Too early to write off but needs some serious runners and quick

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Cammibest in my opinion is good value at under 2000

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    GOTTA GO COLLECT--- First crop of 2yr olds in Nz this year. 125 2yr olds for 1 winner to date. Not a great beginning. Too early to write off but needs some serious runners and quick
    Go easy Viv. He's only had 6 to the races for nine starts. I think trainers have learnt the CUF lesson that just because a horse was precocious himself does make his progeny so. If fact I think but not absolutely certain till I do some further research, the 2yo racing crop is not that big so far this year. Bit of the "same old same old" going each week. What they look like of course is the domain of the breeder. How they go is the domain of the trainer.

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    At this stage of the season Tony they have been very disappointing. With 125 on the ground he has been given every opportunity to make an impression but has failed to do so. Way too early to write him off but he needs a lot more runners and a few more winners in a hurry. With CC and CUF being so successful at stud, breeders have been more prepared to give Nz bred stallions a chance at stud. What people tend to forget is just how dominant these two stallions were on the racetrack. They were champions. A lot of the Nz bred stallions being given an opportunity now are not of that level. Really good racehorses with pedigrees and looks to match but I have doubts they are of the level required to make it in todays market. It just keeps getting tougher to make it as a sire. We have access today to the best stallions in the world and that makes it extremely hard for Nz bred horses to compete. They have to be really exceptional on the track to have a chance at stud in my view. Several more Nz bred stallions are on track to stand at stud next season but the only one I think who has the racetrack record to give him a shot at making it is Auckland Reactor. He is one of only two nz bred stallions going to stud since CC and CUF that is in their class as a racehorse, the other being Changeover. That is the level you need to be at to be a chance at stud today. Can stallions like Gotta Go Collect make it in todays market. I'm not convinced they can.

+ Reply to Thread