Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who is NSW best 4yo

triplev123
    Mock me at your peril my dear Buster for my record is pretty good.
    The last one that I made an early crow about was Big Jim & he equalled the 2yo pacing colts World Record with a 1:49.1 mile in the Governor's Cup Final @ Woodbine and went on to become US & CAN 2yo of the Year in 2010.

Why don't we make it interesting? Shall we say Maker's Mark...? A bottle thereof ? If not, then choose your poison. I'm open to suggestions.
    Last edited by triplev123; 03-09-2011 at 07:29 PM.

buster
    I recall the last one to said to watch was that filly of montgomerys? Beach melody, which also broke the clock and I warned you not to follow it on times from shepparton and it was beaten odds on it's first 2 starts

if your seriously wanting to wager that Oscar lane will win the derby I want as much on as you will take

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I'll hold the bet lol.

triplev123
    ????????? Buster, I can't hold your reply against you because, being significantly older than yourself I had the significant benefit of an education system that still actually taught reading and comprehension... as opposed to the more recent times when the followers of Antonio Gramsci had taken over and their march through the institutions was in full swing.
    I said I thought he was a Derby contender and you even acknowleged that fact in your own wors by posting in #20 of this thread as follows...QUOTE [ran some time but ridiculous to say that he is a derby contender after beating that lot (wrong thread -oscar lane im talking about) ]END QUOTE
    Try to read what I said, not some half baked version of what you think I said. I will bet you a bottle of Maker's that he is a contender come Derby time. Every time that I've put up a Stake of some sort you've run for cover and failed to drop into the box and make the pay up come cut-off time. Now will this be any different? It is immense anticipation that I await your reply.
    Last edited by triplev123; 03-09-2011 at 11:00 PM.

buster
    I'd love to further the bet on who's more educated but that would be rude to take a bet I knew I couldn't lose.

I define contender as having a genuine chance of winning, as in could still win with a bad draw, your horse Oscar lane is therefore not a contender

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    I'd love to further the bet on who's more educated but that would be rude to take a bet I knew I couldn't lose.

I define contender as having a genuine chance of winning, as in could still win with a bad draw, your horse Oscar lane is therefore not a contender
    I define contender more loosely. To me even Pay The Man is a contender. He has no chance of winning the NSW Derby but he will start in the heats and may qualify for the final, therefore is a contender.
    However your post infers that if Oscar Lane drew a gun gate and got a good run you beleive he could win? Correct me if I am wrong with that inference. But to me, under my definition, you think he is definetely a contender! Ahh the english language hey.

buster
    No I mean the opposite, it doesn't matter where he draws he can't win

triplev123
    A certificate from Pre School for learning to tie your shoelaces doesn't count and neither do Lamington Drive Woggles from Cubs or Scouts. You have however managed to duck repeated wager offers like a Master...Hajime mashita Sensei. C'mon now Buster. You'll get out of a bottle of Maker's for under $50 if you hand deliver it, though it is possible you may well have seen through my rather thinly veiled plan...suspecting quite rightly that all I'll do is pass it on to a Menangle based horsemen who is far fonder and more deserving of it that I. So what's it to be son? Are you going to put your kanga where your pie hole is... 1 bottle of Maker's says he gets there and if he wins I'll do a nude run across the infield. Shop around, you will not beat that deal.

buster
    I'm not just betting that he makes the derby final, How about that he gets beaten by 20m or more in the final if he even makes it
    Last edited by buster; 03-10-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    There's know doubting the horse has ability but when you get the best 3yr old's going around that have had more race experience and then there's the distance some horses are great over the mile but when you go a tough 2300m they are found out. I see there's a difference of opinion on this one so if he make's the final i reckon get the bet on and the final result will be the telling story.

+ Reply to Thread