Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Their sport is so clean and ours is so dirty??oh really

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by allanjg View Post
    terry bailey`s house shot last night...punters.com forum running hot and not a post on this forum for 24 hours....odd.
    Why odd Allan, sadly we can go days without anybody posting (a week if you ban me LOL) and although we have been covering all things Cobalt, it is not strictly a harness story

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horse...25-gki8ph.html
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Racing cannot get much worse headlines than 'shooting' and I saw The Sun today and read an article about crowds being down at both the Caulfield Cup and Cox Plate.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I bet they would have liked the Moody verdict to have come out today too - so that they could all get scant coverage due to Christmas

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/horse...23-gltz24.html
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    After today's scandal they may have to develop a campaign: If you drink and ride, you're a bloody idiot!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Gallops Racing has got real problems when suspended trainer Peter Moody thinks he is more important than Chief Steward Terry Bailey
    I cannot find a link but Patrick Bartley has a story in today's Age: Racing chief faces probe that while hosting a function Moody said he would not work as a trainer under chief steward Terry Bailey, whose house was shot at last year, and head of integrity Dayle Brown
    The Racing chief in the headline refers to Melbourne Racing Club head Brodie Arnhold as from the audience, Arnhold allegedly called out: "We can fix that."

The article also reports that Moody also said that if any point of law was won in the cobalt cases it would be untenable for the chairman of Racing Victoria David Moodie, Bailey, Brown and chief veterinary officer Brian Stewart to continue in their roles

One paragraph states Moody was forced to apologise recently after he spoke at a luncheon in Rockhampton, where he said: "Wait until you see the face on Bailey - when I com into the stewards' room with a microphone and cameras for Racing.com during the spring."

The full article can be found in The Age, Friday July 22 2016
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I was amazed and must commend Ch7's Caulfield Cup coverage today for spending a few minutes going through all the issues that are dogging the gallops right now.
    I don't know whether the Melbourne Age was any different to our 'early print' country edition but in contrast to Ch7 they only gave RV Chairman David Moodie standing aside a couple of paragraphs in the bottom corner of the 2nd back page. They don't cover Harness but I would be surprised if such a story in our industry didn't get a bigger splash
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...c3b63659a0caea

I don't know how prominent this story was in NSW but it was buried in The Age

If this was Harness racing eg NZ it would have been front page
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Article in The Age today :
    O'Brien Hitting His Stride
    To paraphrase the article, it restates how he was cleared by VCAT of any knowledge of his vet treating his horses with cobalt

I still think I would have to wonder what I was paying $3,000 a bottle for but obviously not Danny

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/racing/...21-p51fww.html
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It was only $ 1000 a bottle but I was still baracking against Vow and Declare today

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/raci...03-gqkhjm.html

I actually have more gallops connections than trots and I am guilty of watching gallops before harness lately

It is time for others to keep the forum going if they want it to continue
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread