Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Telegram to John Singleton

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach

Telegram to John Singleton

Today I heard Nick Xenophon calling for a judicial inquiry into the Waterhouse/Singleton mudslinging saga over More Joyous. The only thing that is clear to me is Xenophon can only be compared to the male reproductive organ that hangs between most male species hind legs.

A quick telegram from Ben Sarina to John Singleton might have him back peddling backwards quicker than Lance Armstrong was in his last days before he was confirmed as the greatest cheat that walked. Under Rule 187 (2) young Ben was found guilty when he chose not to be forthright with stewards and to this day remains suspended indefinitely. Now I don't know much about the rules of thoroughbred racing but Singleton could find himself in a bit of bother if he also chooses to be elusive or reticent in being forthright with his claims. Seems to me he may have backed himself into a corner.

Xenophon appeared unconvinced a stewards panel had the ability to properly investigate and prosecute a case...telegram to Nick, Murrihy was on the panel that put young Ben on ice. My head just shakes in disbelief when some of these morons who have been elected by poor deluded souls continue to prove they have no right to be in a position of power.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Xenophon's a grandstanding self-righteous dipstick suffering from Relevance Deprivation Syndrome. He would grab hold of a fresh turd and squeeze down hard if he thought it might get him a slot on the evening news.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Personally I think this stouch is going to be very interesting to watch, one the one hand you have a family made up of trainers and bookmakers that have been "family" for quite a long time, have strong connections in the Sydney media, and have some interesting ( to say the least ) history in racing integrity.
    On the other hand, you have an owner who has been "out there" in the public eye since Adam was a boy, also has some past and also has strong connections with the Sydney media.

It appears early on, that this is going to be played out as much in the public eye as anywhere else.

If I was a bookmaker then I know which one I would back! The one that provides the most tips!!!

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    It's a bit hard to get a definitive line on what action the stewards are going to take...my money would be on Gai getting a slight reprimand for not telling stewards that the horse was being treated with Abx. Tom will walk away unscathed. Singo is going to cop a black eye because those with whom he had confidence in, have left him high and dry. Hayson, Robbo and Johns fail to front the inquiry. Am picking that Murrihy won't be letting the accusers off too lightly, defamation won't sit at all well with the Waterhouses and I don't think Gai is in the mood to kiss and make up.

Xenophon apparently will be interviewed again tonight, reckon this goose will just try to make more political mileage out of this case that has SFA to do with him or any jurisdiction he may have. Jerk.

This has been a massive case in the media, more in line with Fleet Street bullshit journalism that sells papers to the those who thrive on gossip, innuendo and character assassination. Racing NSW will be doing their utmost to move this storm in a teacup off the front pages. Maybe its not such a bad thing that our sport doesn't receive such high profile coverage as our galloping counterparts after all.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    There you go, the poor long suffering owner cops it in the neck to the tune of $15K for criticising his trainer very publicly. Gai gets the slap on the wrist and the dashing young bookmaker comes up sparkling clean to accompany the million dollar smile.

Shock of shocks, those with the questionable histories, aka Robbo, Johns and Mr Hayson add no weight to Singos claims...didn't see that coming, NOT!

+ Reply to Thread