Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Has HRNSW created a problem

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Bailey, you have made perfectly good sense to me throughout this thread. I didn't see any comments (removed or not) that were putting any question marks over the credibility of Reid Sanders to carry out his role and his ability to do so were never in question.

There is no doubt that the two positions should be completely separate. Your comment #18 encapsulates to a T just why the roles should be separate.

Wonder if this was just an exercise in cost cutting at the expense of the Integrity Unit? This sport could well do without that.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Teecee to answer your comment at #16 re the showing of the stewards room action on In the Gig, I think you will find that it was mentioned prior to it being shown that the Chairman of Stewards approved it to be aired.

It gave the general public an insight into the pressure a steward endures when a trainer/driver passionately disagrees with a ruling. Be it right or wrong I am sure we have all been in a similar frustrating position in our lives, all be it in different fields.

Just for further discussion, can anyone tell me why an appointed HRNSW security guard when told by the trainer what he was about to do, make a call to his boss or some other appointed official to advise them. Given the time of day this could have allowed the emergency to get a run if it was an automatic scratching offence.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Teecee to answer your comment at #16 re the showing of the stewards room action on In the Gig, I think you will find that it was mentioned prior to it being shown that the Chairman of Stewards approved it to be aired.

It gave the general public an insight into the pressure a steward endures when a trainer/driver passionately disagrees with a ruling. Be it right or wrong I am sure we have all been in a similar frustrating position in our lives, all be it in different fields.

Just for further discussion, can anyone tell me why an appointed HRNSW security guard when told by the trainer what he was about to do, make a call to his boss or some other appointed official to advise them. Given the time of day this could have allowed the emergency to get a run if it was an automatic scratching offence.
    Not sure how cluey the security guards are though, probably wouldn't haven't known? There job seems to be just keep an eye on things and write it all down.

As for your original intentions in posting, I'm inclined to agree that it 'could' be a problem. If HRNSW were look at risk controls that would be an area you'd have to look at.

+ Reply to Thread