Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gaius Caesar Inquiry Concludes

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach

Gaius Caesar Inquiry Concludes

I feel a bit cheated after getting a ringside seat on Sunday via camera, watching Darren remonstrating to Reid as to why Gaius Caesar should not be withdrawn, today all we got is a simple the press release and that's it.

It would have been a great sequel following the pilot episode and would have drawn a strong audience. Come on HRNSW, lets keep the cameras on.

I can totally feel for Darren, the frustration must have been all consuming...but for someone so pissed off I thought he showed great restraint even though he was pushing .... up hill. Under the rules as they stand he was always fighting a losing battle...interesting though when you compare it to the Karloo Mick incident a few years ago in NZ with that horse being treated with Aloe Vera on race day.

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=105390

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    I feel a bit cheated after getting a ringside seat on Sunday via camera, watching Darren remonstrating to Reid as to why Gaius Caesar should not be withdrawn, today all we got is a simple the press release and that's it.

It would have been a great sequel following the pilot episode and would have drawn a strong audience. Come on HRNSW, lets keep the cameras on.

I can totally feel for Darren, the frustration must have been all consuming...but for someone so pissed off I thought he showed great restraint even though he was pushing .... up hill. Under the rules as they stand he was always fighting a losing battle...interesting though when you compare it to the Karloo Mick incident a few years ago in NZ with that horse being treated with Aloe Vera on race day.

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=105390
    Love what Anthony Butt has to say in the article above, makes it all a bit of a joke really, very valid points good onya Ants!

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Ash, I think you meant from this article http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=105389

Agree with most of his sentiments...wonder if the stewards will take exception to his comments and have him on the mat?

Think the change of tactics announcements have also been discussed to death on this forum previously. If the stewards want to police any changes of tactics effectively, why don't they just get the drivers to fill in a standard document that goes into a box unseen by all until after the race. That way drivers who have reacted to announcements made prior to races don't get caught with their pants down expecting a horse to hand up and then discovering they were only going to hand up to THE STABLEMATE, not just another participant that is putting pressure on the leader. In my book that would fall under the heading of TEAM DRIVING and that NEVER happens. Right!

In essence though, every driver is not going to record what their tactics are and nor should they. The COT rule has become an impediment to spur-of-the-moment driving decisions, they are an over-burdening impost on the expectations of what stewards and punters expect and they can seemingly be ignored whenever the driver decides that those tactics are not in their best interests of the horse as the race pans out.

Perhaps its time that the stewards do what they have been given the power to do. Analyse a race and then investigate anything that is untoward, out of character, form turnarounds, betting trends etc.

Good on Anthony Butt for saying it like it is. Wonder if the stewards are likely to listen to his concerns with an open mind and make some positive changes or will they just sting him with a fine for calling them fools.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    In my humble opinion this incident should be the catalyst for at the VERY LEAST a re-examination of the ridiculous COT rule, it was designed to assist stewards and punters however in reality it has done neither, I personally reckon it should have been shunted ages ago, for the afforementioned reasons, leave alone my main purpose for despising the rule....letting the opposition know what you strategies are before the blue light goes on!

One would hope that the debacle that has cast a shadow on our greatest sprint test, which showcases our sport to many,.......time for someone to find the defendant guilty and hang it.

Cheers,
    Dan

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    This goes under the Gaius Ceasar thread (only) because we have discussed the COT debacle in relation to the MM previously.

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=105512

John McCarthy gets until 10 May to mount a case of defence. No matter what the result of this inquiry, could the powers that be note that the COT rules need to be put in the COT once and for all, slam the babies bedroom door closed forever and let the poor little thing cry itself to sleep FOREVER.

If the COT rules remain in play then they need to be seriously tweaked.

As Danno has said above, what advantage do you really have if the opposition know your game plan. I mean really, it is supposed to be a race, a contest after all.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Brad I agree that a trainers race plans should be know only by the trainer/driver and connections of the horse. As far as the punter is concerned, there are enough "experts" spruking the expected speed map and expected race tactics. But the perceived "team driving" must be removed from the sport, the old "Red Hots". Maybe a middle ground could be the best option....advise the stewards of multiple runners tactics but this info remains with the stewards and not made public.

I am sure Anthony Butt would not have been so agressive had the driving tactics not been made public but then again there could well have been a different winner and not such a good race to watch.

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    There are plenty of "wagered upon" sports that dont have to declare anything to the punting public..

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    The internationally recognised rule. It doesn't matter whether it's medication or part of the daily feed.!!

The Stewards opened an inquiry into a report by representatives of the Club’s Security Department that BEAR ELITE, a declared runner in this race, had at 1:27 pm been found to be receiving ice treatment, such treatment being contrary to the provisions of Regulation 119 (p) of the Trainers’ Handbook which states that “the use of ice, ice packs or cold water treatment on a horse within two (2) hours prior to the scheduled starting time of the race in which the horse is declared to start” is a practice which is strictly prohibited by the Club. After taking evidence from Mr A T Millard, the trainer of BEAR ELITE, Assistant Trainer W S Yu, stable staff allocated to Mr Millard’s stable namely Head Lad Y H Cheng and Stables Assistant W C Ip as well as Mr S F Cheung, Assistant Security Manager (Operations) and Mr N H Chow, Senior Security Officer and also in the presence of Dr P Curl, Executive Manager, Veterinary Regulation, the Stewards ordered the withdrawal of BEAR ELITE from this race. The inquiry into this matter was adjourned until a date to be fixed. Before being allowed to race again, BEAR ELITE will be subjected to an official veterinary examination.

taken from HKJC stewards report linked below.....
    http://www.hkjc.com/english/racing/RaceReportFull.asp
    Last edited by teecee; 05-07-2013 at 08:04 PM.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    The internationally recognised rule. It doesn't matter whether it's medication or part of the daily feed.!!

The Stewards opened an inquiry into a report by representatives of the Club’s Security Department that BEAR ELITE, a declared runner in this race, had at 1:27 pm been found to be receiving ice treatment, such treatment being contrary to the provisions of Regulation 119 (p) of the Trainers’ Handbook which states that “the use of ice, ice packs or cold water treatment on a horse within two (2) hours prior to the scheduled starting time of the race in which the horse is declared to start” is a practice which is strictly prohibited by the Club. After taking evidence from Mr A T Millard, the trainer of BEAR ELITE, Assistant Trainer W S Yu, stable staff allocated to Mr Millard’s stable namely Head Lad Y H Cheng and Stables Assistant W C Ip as well as Mr S F Cheung, Assistant Security Manager (Operations) and Mr N H Chow, Senior Security Officer and also in the presence of Dr P Curl, Executive Manager, Veterinary Regulation, the Stewards ordered the withdrawal of BEAR ELITE from this race. The inquiry into this matter was adjourned until a date to be fixed. Before being allowed to race again, BEAR ELITE will be subjected to an official veterinary examination.

taken from HKJC stewards report linked below.....
    http://www.hkjc.com/english/racing/RaceReportFull.asp
    [VVV] What an ENORMOUS DOUBLE-FISTED DEATH GRIP & TURNING THE HEAD OF IT PURPLE wank that is. Ice is banned? Jesus wept.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    As silly as that rule reads, could it then be sillier by classing the hosing down of a horse after a hot, long float trip upon arrival at the meeting, as water treatment.

+ Reply to Thread