I have been a bit surprised at the lack of reaction to Auckland Reactor going to stud as he has always been one of those racehorses that had as many detractors as fans during his career. I thought I would give my opinion for what it is worth on his stallion prospects in Nz . First and foremost he is standing at one of the best stud operations in Australasia. He will get every opportunity at Alabar. He is a Direct Scooter line horse which is a sireline which is super sucessful in NZ so thats a plus.His maternal line is moderate to be honest.Until Auckland Reactors emergence it had been patchy for over 30 yrs. Personally dont mind as most of the really sucessful stallions in Nz in my lifetime have had moderate maternal lines up close. No 2yr old record is a negative but he sure made up for it at 3 and 4. Never really showed Aussies how good he was but I have always felt that if Mark Purdon had been left in charge it would have been different. Have no hesitation in saying that at his best he was as good a Nz horse as I have seen. Since becoming addicted to this sport as a very young boy when watching Mount Eden time trial at the 71 Inter-doms I have seen over 40 yrs of racing and Auckland Reactor is up there as one of the few very special horses i have seen race. Last is the service fee. The connections surprised me a bit in starting out at $3000.Thought they may pitch him a tad higher. So how will he be received in the marketplace in Nz. I am certain he will serve a large book in NZ, well into three figures. I would expect his reception in Australia to be a lot more muted. All in all its an interesting debate. Will he --- Wont he. Time will tell