Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Auckland Reactor at stud

  1. #11
    Senior Member 4YO gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Location
    Melbourne
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Posts
    422
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Just read a tweet from Alabar that Auckland Reactors book is closed for Aus. I was surprised, now we just wait and see !
    Don't die wondering !

  2. #12
    Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Location
    Sydney
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Posts
    1,514
    Horses
    Intransit
    Very surprised also Rick, I heard he was getting a good book in NZ, They hold him in great esteem over the ditch. I'm not sure of the booking numbers here but about 6 weeks ago he had around 50 mares. He's pretty good value for money and good luck to anyone sending their mares to him.

  3. #13
    Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Posts
    166
    Surely he can't be full in Australia. Several of the posters on this very site said they would die of shock if he served more than 20. All goes to judgement i suppose. Bit embarrassing none the less when you are out of step with the breeders in your own country None of them were brave enough to have a wager with me either. According to Graeme Henley on the box seat the other night, Auckland Reactor has over 200 mares in Nz alone.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Stallion aussiebreno is just really nice aussiebreno is just really nice
    Real Name
    Brendan Bryce
    Posts
    2,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    Surely he can't be full in Australia. Several of the posters on this very site said they would die of shock if he served more than 20. All goes to judgement i suppose. Bit embarrassing none the less when you are out of step with the breeders in your own country None of them were brave enough to have a wager with me either. According to Graeme Henley on the box seat the other night, Auckland Reactor has over 200 mares in Nz alone.
    Like closing time at a nightclub, some are willing to breed with anything.

  5. #15
    Senior Member 4YO gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Location
    Melbourne
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Posts
    422
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I laughed when I read that his book was full, I thought of you blokes arguing about him straight away ! Only time will tell if he makes it as a stallion but it looks like he will have every chance. I never liked him as a race horse probably because every time he came to Aus he seemed to fail. Most of the times I saw him here he pulled like a lunatic ! But it's not always the best race horses that make the best sires so I will not cast judgement yet .
    Don't die wondering !

  6. #16
    Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Posts
    1,495

    Thumbs up

    That really surprises me.
    The very best of luck to Alabar. They keep doing what I've been banging on about for some time now, they keep on putting their hand into their pocket to add Southern Hemisphere bred horses to their Sires Roster...Elsu, Gotta Go Cullect, Safari, Courage Under Fire & most recently Smiling Shard...in time I guess the Blaster will join the crew too, and for that alone I wish them every success. I hope that one day I breed a colt that's good enough to stand at Stud. What a buzz that would be.

    Btw, not to forget Nevele R standing Southern Hemisphere breds Changeover, Christian Cullen & Tintin In America. Thumbs up there too.
    Last edited by Triple V; 10-19-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Added a bit

  7. #17
    Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Posts
    166
    Yeah, I suppose when Courage Under Fire, Christian Cullen, Sundon have all been such great sires and were all Nz bred you keep looking for the next one. Unless the word is totally wrong, Changeover is about to make a real statement with his first crop this season as well. Probably explains why Auckland Reactor has not only got 200+ mares in his first season but as Graeme Henley said on the Box seat the other night, the quality of the mares is outstanding.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Posts
    1,495
    Sundon was not a NZ bred.
    He was foaled at Meadow Lands Farm, PA back in 1986 and was originally named Sondon.
    SONDON (E34248, H)
    ARNDON - SUNGAIT SONG - B.F.COALTOWN
    GENERAL INFORMATION
    Foaling Date:03/07/1986
    Sex:HorseFoaling
    Place:MEADOW LANDS,PA
    Color:Bay
    Tattoo:
    Freezebrand:
    Death Date:
    S&D Last Year:2009
    Markings:NO WHITE MARKINGS.
    Parent Verified: No
    Eligibility:No
    CURRENT OWNERRoy A Mc Kenzie (192625) Eastbourne,NZ
    Effective Date: N/A Certificate Mailed 08/13/86

  9. #19
    Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Posts
    1,495

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    Yeah, I suppose when Courage Under Fire, Christian Cullen, Sundon have all been such great sires and were all Nz bred you keep looking for the next one. Unless the word is totally wrong, Changeover is about to make a real statement with his first crop this season as well. Probably explains why Auckland Reactor has not only got 200+ mares in his first season but as Graeme Henley said on the Box seat the other night, the quality of the mares is outstanding.

    [VVV] You have to give the Kiwi Breeders, Yearling Buyers/Trainers their due insofar as them stepping up & supporting the best of their locally bred & performed colts if and when they go to stud. Australian Breeders, Yearling Buyers/Trainers could do worse than follow their lead.

  10. #20
    Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Sundon was not a NZ bred.
    He was foaled at Meadow Lands Farm, PA back in 1986 and was originally named Sondon.
    SONDON (E34248, H)
    ARNDON - SUNGAIT SONG - B.F.COALTOWN
    GENERAL INFORMATION
    Foaling Date:03/07/1986
    Sex:HorseFoaling
    Place:MEADOW LANDS,PA
    Color:Bay
    Tattoo:
    Freezebrand:
    Death Date:
    S&D Last Year:2009
    Markings:NO WHITE MARKINGS.
    Parent Verified: No
    Eligibility:No
    CURRENT OWNERRoy A Mc Kenzie (192625) Eastbourne,NZ
    Effective Date: N/A Certificate Mailed 08/13/86
    Came to Nz as a foal with his dam.. Raised in Nz-- Trained in Nz-- leading sire in Nz . Bred by a kiwi to boot.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts