Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frozen semen rules in Australia ?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.

Frozen semen rules in Australia ?

I was wondering if anyone on here knows the rules covering the use of frozen semen in Aus ? I know when a stallion dies the frozen semen can be used the following season for the free return services, but can it be used for other services ?
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    G'day Rick,

It can be used as long as the supply lasts, 1-2-5-10 seasons+. No rules to the contrary.
    Fake Left is one example. Classic Garry also had some frozen semen stored as I recall but from memort it wasn't as successful as Fake Left was in terms of getting mares in foal. No doubt there are others. Bettor's Delight for example has a sizeable quantity of frozen straws in storage both here in Oz and in NZ.
    Last edited by Triple V; 05-24-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Thanks for that VVV. I did think that was the case. Just don't see many dead stallions being advertised . Maybe they don't keep very large supplies in storage .
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Semen still available for Soky's Atom, Falcon Seelster, Holmes Hanover. Artsplace is now a private collection.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Tony, can you tell me who has the Sokys Atom frozen semen please.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    nevele r

Junior Member Foal ml 111 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Darren Reay
    wish i could get more of the artsplace semen one of the best fertile stallions i have worked with .

+ Reply to Thread