Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Taskforce Trentbridge

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Reid reckons there might "be movement" on this next week. Thanks only to other news outlets are we getting any information Reid. Looks like there might be more than just a couple of players involved.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spor...#ixzz2UzMSPCZt

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    If you choose to call me a little gossip Craig, that is up to you! In fact you can be as offensive as you like, go for it. That's fine by me.

No one would be doubting for one moment that the Integrity and Regulatory branch of HRNSW are not doing there utmost to assist the police in their inquiries whilst putting down the groundwork for their own investigation. The point is after so much has already been done in the last few years in relation to improving the image of harness racing with increased funding directed toward the Integrity of the sport, I am gobsmacked that they have gone mute on this matter.

When the very high profile case of Luke McCarthy was in the spotlight, Reid Sanders was more than happy to front the cameras on Trots TV and answer most of the questions thrown at him by Dale Walker, he was applauded by many for the simple fact that he decided to address some of the issues that he could talk about. Now we have allegations of possible race-fixing, some would say the most harmful conduct in the sport and HRNSW puts up the shutters and hopes the whole thing will quietly go away and die in a corner out of the publics eye.

I will put in an apology for you at the next CWA meeting.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Trouble is Brad that this issue is being led by police in a criminal matter and is subjudice. That puts legal limits on what any affected parties can say. The general press believe that as a not affected party they can say as they like.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    I think the precedent is in place for the governing authorities to take a back seat to any police criminal investigations. The steadfast position of HRNSW during the green light scandal has been to allow the NSW Police to conduct their inquiries whilst they then act on the information shared by said investigation. We saw a similar situation just this week when Queensland Police made a formal request for the NRL to cease any investigation into the alleged assault of a young woman by a Souths player. This request was immediately acceded to by the NRL and any sanctions, if any to the relevant club and player will be made post Police investigation.

I guess the message is that the Police investigations and subsequent outcomes of a legal manner will supersede any regulatory authority actions in the first instance....

I hope I have articulated my point adequately..... Cheers

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Brendan, Mitch, Craig, Teecee and Fred ... am taking the tip and pulling my head in. You blokes are making way too much sense. Suitably spanked and handkerchief inserted in mouth.

For the record Craig, I neither asked for your comment to be removed nor did I expect it to be. For mine, this is a forum and we are all entitled to give input and robustly debate the subject matter.

On a completely unrelated matter, how good was it to see TTL flying again and Better Cover Lover back to her best today.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    I understand there may be an up coming interview on TTV Brad - stay tuned

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    On a completely unrelated matter, how good was it to see TTL flying again and Better Cover Lover back to her best today.[/QUOTE]
    re TTL it was good to see him do it agen and the run of the second horse simply amazing. Just goes to show how times seem to be related to the pressure exerted by the opposition right to the line. Both TT and Christen Me got to the line without too much pressure hence their times proved vulnerable when Border Control was forced to go at it right to the very last stride to claim the record from them both.
    A superb effort from both 3yo's.

As for Betty (BCL) what can one say. All the superlatives can hardly match her really. She became a millionaire earner on Sunday when 18 months ago her life hung so tenuously by a thread. That is due reward to her connections' skill. Congratulations to all associated with her on both sides of the ditch.

On the Jewels Saturday program, people across the industry are saying it was the best single day's harness racing in Australasia. We had 5 NZ records set but do u think it exceeded BC, ID13 or MM13 days.??

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Went to both BC and ID13 days over here. Both terrific days. But for atmosphere and a good old night at the trots, SA Cup night wins hands down IMO. Yes we 'biased' but heading back again this year Smoken Up or no Smoken Up.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    This is all I am saying ... thanks for the update last week Reid.

http://www.trotstv.com.au/?id=9518

aussiebreno
    Just reading trotguide. O'toole jailed. Article also says character references for both O'toole and Cameron Fitzpatrick were provided by some industry officials/administators. WHY??????

+ Reply to Thread