Whats the go with these early starts on harness racings biggest night of the week, Saturday? Why the hell does the first at Menangle now go BEFORE 5PM. Purely from a stay at home punters perspective, they have lost any interest from me on these early races...some of us actually have a life. That includes a bit of family time, eating some dinner, putting the feet up and relaxing before launching into an evening that should be wall to wall trotting.

Is the plan to try to hold on to the left-over desperate gallops punters at TAB outlets who might try their luck on the trots before heading home? Is it to squeeze the smaller twilight meetings out of existence? Is it to cater for trainers to allow them to get home before midnight? In essence, these early starts are asking some of us to make lifestyle changes that I for one won't be making. The washup of this for me is simply that I will have invested WAY LESS than I would normally have in years gone by.

After all, the industry runs on the gambling dollar...are they maximising turnover with this programming?